Omowunmi Akinnifesi is a Nigerian businesswoman and environmental ambassador for Lagos.
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Title||Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria 2005|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria 2005|
Miss World 2005
Early life and educationEdit
The daughter of a former Central Bank of Nigeria director, Akinnifesi was born in Lagos but spent her early years in Sierra Leone before returning to her native Nigeria with her family. She attended Queen's College, Yaba, where she won several prizes for her art work. In 2008, Akinnifesi graduated from the University of Lagos with a degree in Geography and Regional Planning,In 2012, Akinnifesi obtained a master's degree in Environmental Monitoring, Modelling, and Management from King's College London.
In 2005, eighteen-year-old Akinnifesi was crowned Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria, making her eligible to represent her country at the Miss World Pageant in China that same year, where she engaged in tree planting for the Chinese government. Akinnifesi emerged first runner-up on the Nigerian version of Strictly Come Dancing, Celebrity Takes 2 before she launched her own public relations and usher-hiring business Elle Poise. Aknnifesi has been hailed as a style icon in recent years, and was honoured at the 2011 Allure Style Awards. It was during this time that she revealed that she had experienced a six-year campaign of terror from a stalker.
In 2016, Akinnifesi launched her clothing line labelled, "Omowunmi"
- Waiting for Omowunmi Akinnifesi
- Jemi Ekunkunbor, "Vintage Omowunmi Akinnifesi", Vanguard (Lagos), 7 November 2010.
- Omowunmi Akinnifesi bags a second degree
- Olamide Olarewaju (13 August 2014). "Omowunmi Akinnifesi Is Our Wednesday Crush".
- Amadi, Ogbonna (4 January 2008). "Nigeria: Celebrity Takes Two - Aofiyebi is Champ But". Vanguard (Lagos). Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "Nigeria: Omotola, Others Dazzle At Skye Bank's Celebrity Takes 2 Dance Show". This Day (Lagos). 22 October 2007. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "Style has nothing to do with age - Omowumi Akinnifesi - Vanguard News". Vanguard News. 27 March 2011. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- Rotinwa, Ayodeji (2 March 2012). "Nigeria: The Omowunmi Akinnifesi Stylebook". This Day (Lagos). Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "Omowunmi and Atafo emerge Allure Style Icons - Vanguard News". Vanguard News. 6 March 2011. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "Omowunmi Akinnifesi Launches Clothing Line & Debuts "The Urban Movement: Define Your Own Path" Campaign". BellaNaija. 2 February 2016. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
|This biography article about a Nigerian contestant in a beauty pageant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Nigerian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|