Oliver Charles T Holt|
22 May 1966
Manchester, Lancashire, England, UK
|Children||Alice, Edie and Joe|
Thomas Holt (father)|
Eileen Derbyshire (mother)
Oliver Charles T Holt (born 22 May 1966) is an English sports journalist who writes for the newspaper The Mail on Sunday in the United Kingdom. He is the son of Thomas Holt and actress Eileen Derbyshire and is an avid Stockport County supporter.
He attended the King's School, Macclesfield from 1977–1984. He then read history at Christ Church, Oxford, before studying newspaper journalism at the Cardiff School of Journalism. He started his journalistic career at the Liverpool Echo, and after three years moved to The Times as Motor Racing Correspondent in 1993. He graduated to Chief Football Writer in 1996 in time to cover England's hosting of the Euro Championships that summer, and then to Chief Sports Correspondent in 2000. Highlights of his time at The Times was covering the 1998 FIFA World Cup and the 2000 Summer Olympics.
He joined the Daily Mirror in 2002 as the Chief Sports Writer, where he has covered many notable sports events. He left the paper in February 2015, to replace Patrick Collins at The Mail on Sunday.
Holt is a regular guest on the Sunday Supplement.
- Behind the Scenes with Benetton Formula 1 (1995) with Chris Bennett
- The Bridge: Behind the Scenes at Chelsea (1998) with Jon Nicholson
- If You're Second You Are Nothing: Ferguson and Shankly (2006)
As Ghost Writer:
- "News International". Times-olympics.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-01-27.
- "Mirror's Oliver Holt to replace Patrick Collins as chief sports writer at the Mail on Sunday". press gazette.co.uk. Retrieved 8 March 2015.
- Owen Gibson Guardian scoops photography awards, The Guardian, 18 December 2004. Retrieved 2011-12-06.
- British Press Awards: Past winners Archived 22 February 2012 at the Wayback Machine., Press Gazette, 29 November 2007. Retrieved 2011-12-06.