Oliver Farnworth (born 5 August 1982) is an English actor. Farnworth was brought up just outside Halifax in Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, but moved to Sidmouth in Devon when he was fifteen. He trained at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School. He first came to recognition in Hollyoaks playing Will Hackett from September 2006 to May 2007.
|Alma mater||Bristol Old Vic|
Coronation Street (2014–2017) Endeavour (2019)
Before appearing in Hollyoaks, Farnworth appeared on stage in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and in The London Plays, written by Ed Hime and directed by Kelly Wilkinson. He has also appeared in three episodes of ITV1's 1960s medical drama The Royal, playing a character called Nev Cartwright.
In 2008 Farnworth played the leading role in Saturday Night and Sunday Morning at the Harrogate Theatre, and Lysander with the British Shakespeare Company in A Midsummer Night's Dream. In 2009 he appeared in The Merchant of Venice at Penshurst Place Gardens in Kent.
In 2014 he played Florian Dupont, a Belgian refugee, in the TV series Mr. Selfridge before joining the cast of Coronation Street as Andy Carver; his departure was announced in 2016. His last scene, aired on 20 January 2017, saw him being supposedly killed by Pat Phelan (Connor McIntyre). However, on 18 August 2017, Farnworth made an unexpected and unannounced return; revealing that Phelan was in fact, holding him captive in the cellar of an abandoned house until his death on 27 October 2017. In 2019 he has appeared in the TV Series Endeavour, playing the role of the Character PC Rich Potter.
|2017||Inside Soap Awards||Best Shock Twist||Won|
- "The Feature:Introducing... Oliver Farnworth", officiallondontheatre.co.uk, 4 May 2010, retrieved 2011-01-03
- Read, Caroline (2009) "The Merchant Of Venice at Penshurst Place in Kent", thisissussex.co.uk, 17 July 2009, retrieved 2011-01-03
- Loffill, Sheila (2008) "Don't Miss This Powerful Play", Harrogate Advertiser, 29 February 2008, retrieved 2011-01-03
- Baynes, Valkerie (2010) "Jane Turner Sticks Close to Home for West End Debut", Sydney Morning Herald, 16 April 2010, retrieved 2011-01-03
- "Corrie: Police called to Oliver Farnworth's leaving do". Digital Spy. 2016-12-04. Retrieved 2016-12-23.
- Brown, David (20 January 2017). "Coronation Street: has Phelan REALLY killed Andy? Actor Oliver Farnworth speaks out!". Radio Times. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- Bagwell, Matt (19 August 2017). "'Coronation Street' Spoilers: Andy Carver Is Back From The Dead – Eight Months After Shocked Viewers Thought Pat Phelan Had Killed Him". HuffPost. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
|This article about an English television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|