Oldenfelde is a station on the Hamburg U-Bahn line U1 located on the border of the quarters of Farmsen-Berne and Rahlstedt. The name is derived from the Rahlstedt neighborhood of Oldenfelde. The planning approval process began in November 2016, construction began on 16 February 2018, and the station opened on 9 December 2019. At the end of 2016, around 20.3 million euros were earmarked for the construction of the new stop.
|Hamburg U-Bahn station|
|Operated by||Hamburger Hochbahn AG|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Structure type||At grade|
|Station code||HHA: OF|
|Fare zone||HVV: B/304 and 305|
|Opened||9 December 2019|
Location and structure edit
The Oldenfelde underground station was built between the Farmsen and Berne stops, which were about 2.6 km apart, the second longest distance between stops in the Hamburg underground network. It provides access to residential areas in which about 4500 people live. Access to the station is from the street Busbrookhöhe to the west and, through a footpath leading to the southern end of the central platform, the street Am Knill to the east. An originally planned additional northern access was not realized due to a recently built playground.
The existing service and test track running parallel to this section of line was not affected by the station's construction dimensions and was retained.
- "Tarifplan" (PDF). Hamburger Verkehrsverbund. 13 December 2020. Retrieved 2021-02-18.
- Planfeststellungsverfahren für U-Bahnhof Oldenfelde gestartet, nahverkehrhamburg.de, 3 November 2016, accessed 4 November 2016
- U1 Oldenfelde: Spatenstich für die neue Haltestelle Archived 2018-02-17 at the Wayback Machine, www.hamburg.de, accessed 16 February 2018
- "Platform roofing Hamburg-Oldenfelde". crowdoutside.com. Creators of the Outside World (CROWD). 15 December 2019. Retrieved 2021-02-18.
- U1 Oldenfelde: Endspurt für die Neue, In Hochbahn Blog, 30 November 2019, accessed 3 December 2019
- Drucksache 21/7348 of the Hamburg Parliament (buergerschaft-hh.de, PDF, 883 KB)
- Hochbahn-Blog: U-Bahn-Netzausbau wird konkreter!, accessed 6 December 2014
- Nahverkehr Aktuell: Planungen abgeschlossen: So soll neuer U-Bahnhof Oldenfelde aussehen Archived 2016-07-28 at the Wayback Machine, accessed 28 July 2016