Okta Logue are a four-piece rock band based in Griesheim, Hessen Germany. The members consist of Benno Herz (bassist/vocalist), his brother Robert Herz (drums), Philip Meloi (lead guitarist), and Max Schneider (organ, synthesizers). Their style is often referred to as being influenced by '60s psychedelic rock bands mixed with modern indie rock elements.
|Genres||Psychedelic rock, indie-rock|
|Labels||Columbia, Sony, The End Records (US only), former labels: Nasoni Records|
|Members||Benno Herz (voc,bass)
Philip Meloi (lead guitar)
Max Schneider (organ, synths)
Robert Herz (dr)
|Past members||Nicolai Hildebrandt|
Okta Logue first formed in the winter of 2007, as Zaphire Oktalogue. Benno Herz and Philip Meloi first began jamming with brother Robert Herz in their rehearsing room in Griesheim and recorded their first demo on Berlin-based independent record label Nasoni Records. While the band was officially a trio at this time, Nicolai Hildebrandt played some synthesizer parts on this first self-titled LP. Shortly thereafter, Nicolai Hildebrandt officially joined the band. Zaphire Oktalogue thus was renamed to "Okta Logue" now being a quartet. In winter, 2009, the band began writing their first official album Ballads of a Burden, which was again released on Nasoni Records. When in 2011, the band got signed to their current label Columbia / Sony Music, Ballads of a Burden was re-released on a larger scale. Their second and current album Tales of Transit City was released on Columbia / Sony Music on May 25, 2013 which was very well received among critics and brought further international attention to the band which led to an international video premiere of “Transit“ on Noisey.
Since their foundation, Okta Logue has played numerous concerts all over Europe and were invited to play support for well-known acts such as Portugal. The Man and Neil Young & Crazy Horse on their European dates in 2013. On October 1, their current album Tales of Transit City was released on New York based label The End Records for the US market. Alongside of the release in the USA, the band scheduled their first US tour in October including appearances at CMJ in New York and the Culture Collide Festival in Los Angeles.
On February 11th, 2016 it was announced via their Facebook Page that Nicolai Hildebrandt left the band to follow a new path. In the same post, they welcome Max Schneider as a new member of the band. 
Videos and awardsEdit
Apart from their musical output, Okta Logue has been especially recognised for their visual performances as well. The music video for the first single release from the album Ballads Of A Burden has received several awards, among them the prestigious first prize at the Visionale Filmfestival. For their thriller movie-like video "Transit" which was premiered internationally on Noisey, they collaborated with German film director Christoph Holsten. Other music videos, including "Judith" and "Let Go" (which was premiered on Spin.com) were again made by the band itself with keyboardist Nicolai Hildebrandt credited as screen writer and director.
|Title||Album details||Track listing|
|Ballads Of A Burden||
|Tales Of Transit City||
|Diamonds And Despair||
- "Okta Logue - Sony Music Entertainment Germany GmbH". Sonymusic.de. 2013-05-17. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "Watch Okta Logue's Home Movie-Like 'Let Go' Video | SPIN | SPIN Mix | Premieres". SPIN. 2013-05-17. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "Okta Logue - "Tales Of Transit City" [Album Stream] [North American Premiere] « Audio «". Puregrainaudio.com. 2013-09-24. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "JOURNAL FRANKFURT Nachrichten - Newcomer Okta Logue treffen Neil Young - Sogar USA und Kanada auf dem Tourplan". Journal-frankfurt.de. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "So war das Konzert im Münchener Strom: Portugal. The Man verabschieden sich aus Deutschland - Promis - Abendzeitung München". Abendzeitung-muenchen.de. 2013-09-22. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "Okta Logue Premieres 'Judith' Video on Examiner || New Album Out Oct.1 on The End Records || Performing US Dates in October". Theendrecords.com. 2013-08-01. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "News - 2013 Culture Collide Line-Up Announced + Kick-Off With Phoenix And Dinosaur Jr". FILTER Magazine. 2013-06-03. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "Okta Logue". Highroadtouring.com. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "Okta Logue". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2018-02-01.
- "Nachwuchspreis für Musikvideo der Darmstädter Band "Okta Logue" | Echo Online - Nachrichten aus Südhessen". Echo-online.de. 2010-11-27. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "BVR - Christoph Holsten - Vita". Regieverband.de. Retrieved 2013-10-02.