This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015)
Okariki Okaru (Telugu: ఒకరికి ఒకరు, English: Each for the other) is a Telugu movie directed by cinematographer Rasool Ellore in his directorial debut. It stars Sriram and Aarthi Chhabria. The film was successful and was subsequently dubbed in Tamil as Unnai Paartha Naal Mudhal with the comedy track by Ramesh Khanna added for Tamil version.
|Directed by||Rasool Ellore|
|Produced by||P. Kiran|
|Cinematography||Sunil K. Reddy|
|Music by||M. M. Keeravani|
Swapna is a non-resident Indian (NRI) who has come to India for a visit along with her grandfather. Kameshwar Rao is on a pilgrimage to Kaasi on the request of his grandmother as he had completed graduation successfully. Kamesh sees Swapna at a railway station and falls in love with her at first sight.
Swapna, along with her grandfather, leaves for their relatives' place in a hurry without giving Swapna a chance to inform Rahul, but somehow Swapna places a note in Rahul's wallet before leaving. When Swapna goes to her relatives' house she learns that it was her engagement which is being arranged and is upset. Her father comes in between for the engagement and stops it as the relatives had actually cheated them on business due to which Swapna's uncle (father's brother) succumbs to cardiac arrest.
After a year Kamesh is on the hunt for his love, so he decides to go to the USA. For this purpose he gets into a software company as an engineer so that he can somehow get to the US on a work permit. The story unfolds in such a way that he goes to the US and is working under Deepak, who is Swapna's cousin. Deepak wants to marry Swapna and she almost compromises in marrying Deepak. The climax sees Kamesh meeting his love and winning it, and so the film ends with a happy note.
- Sriram as Kameswara Rao
- Aarti Chabria as Swapna Rao
- Tanikella Bharani as Kameswara Rao's father
- Hema as Kameswara Rao's mother
- Radha Kumari as Kameswara Rao's grandmother
- Vijay Sai as Puchu alias Samaparanjaneyulu
- Mannava Balayya as Swapna Rao's grandfather
- Devan as Swapna Rao's father
- Dharmavarapu Subramanyam
- Ravi Prakash
- Ahuti Prasad
- Gautam Raju
- Duvvasi Mohan
- Vennira Aadai Nirmala
- Jr. Relangi
Tamil actor Srikanth used his birth name, Sriram, as his stage name for the film to avoid confusion with established Telugu actor Srikanth. Sriram sported a clean-shaven look for the first time in his career.
|1.||"Vellipothe Elaa"||Sirivennela Seetharama Sastry||M. M. Keeravani, Shreya Ghoshal||05:08|
|3.||"Yekkadunnavamma"||Chandrabose||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||05:27|
|4.||"Nuvve Na Shwasa"||Chandrabose||Shreya Ghoshal||05:04|
|5.||"Ghatu Ghatu Prema"||Chandrabose||Tippu, Nitya Santoshini||04:19|
|6.||"Allo Nerello"||Chandrabose||M. M. Keeravani, Ganga||05:19|
The film was praised for the non-vulgarity and classiness carried throughout. It turned out to be a hit even though it was released without any hype or expectation. The audio, which proved a huge hit, helped the film's gross well. The film gained cult status in music and cinematography, which were soothing and blended with the story.
- "Telugu Cinema Functions - Audio release of Okariki Okaru - MM Keeravani - Rasool - Kiran - Sreeram, Arti Chabria". www.idlebrain.com.
- "5 Telugu-origin heroes who made it big in Tamil cinema". The Times of India. 13 November 2018.
- "Okariki Okaru Songs Download, Okariki Okaru Telugu MP3 Songs, Raaga.com Telugu Songs - Raaga.com - A World Of Music".
- "Okariki Okaru". Spotify. Retrieved 29 January 2021.
- "Telugu cinema review - Okariki Okaru - Sreeram, Arti Chabria - Rasool - Keeravani". www.idlebrain.com.
- "Okariki Okaru review: Okariki Okaru (Telugu) Movie Review - fullhyd.com".