Oh My Love
|"Oh My Love"|
|Song by John Lennon|
|from the album Imagine|
|Released||9 September 1971|
|Recorded||28 May–5 July 1971|
|Songwriter(s)||John Lennon/Yoko Ono|
|Producer(s)||John Lennon, Yoko Ono, and Phil Spector|
The song was originally written and demoed in 1968 after sessions for the album The Beatles. This demo was released on many Beatles bootleg albums.
"Oh My Love" was also released on Lennon's album Wonsaponatime in 1998, and on the album The U.S. vs. John Lennon in 2006. It is track number 7 on Wonsaponatime and track number 20 on The U.S. vs. John Lennon.
The song has been recorded by numerous artists, including The Bells, Cilla Black, Jackson Browne, Yoshida Brothers, Susheela Raman, Raimundo Fagner, The Jangles, The Wackers, Yellowcard, Morgan Fisher, Martin Gore, Fredo Viola, Jackson Greenhorn  and Jacky Terrasson with Cécile McLorin Salvant on Terrasson's 2012 album Gouache. A cover version by The Lettermen became a minor hit, peaking at #58 on the Japanese singles chart in 1972.
In popular mediaEdit
The song has also been used in a couple of films, namely Little Darlings, and several times throughout the film Heartbreakers. The song is on the first season soundtrack to the television show Gilmore Girls.
- "Oh My Love". allmusic. Archived from the original on June 3, 2009. Retrieved 27 March 2009.
- Lewis, Stephen (20 March 2013). "Top 10 John Lennon Love Songs". Ultimate Classic Rock. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- Madinger, Chip; Raile, Scott (2015). LENNONOLOGY Strange Days Indeed - A Scrapbook Of Madness. Chesterfield, MO: Open Your Books, LLC. p. 240. ISBN 978-1-63110-175-5.
- "John Lennon: Oh My Love | The Beatles Bible". www.beatlesbible.com. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- "Oh My Love". 2017.
- Gouache at AllMusic
- Okamoto, Satoshi (2011). Single Chart Book: Complete Edition 1968-2010 (in Japanese). Roppongi, Tokyo: Oricon Entertainment. ISBN 4871310884.
- "Oh My Love, performed by Cilla Black". YouTube.com.
|This article about a song by one or more members of the Beatles is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|