October Revolution Park (Rostov-on-Don)
|October Revolution Park|
History and descriptionEdit
The area that is today known as October Revolution Park was first founded as a park zone in 1926 between the cities of Rostov-on-Don and Nakhichevan-on-Don. With further urban development, Nakhichevan was merged with Rostov in 1928.
In the 1970s the place became one of the favorite vacation spots for Rostov dwellers. The park has excellent conditions for sports (minifootball field, ice rink and a field for paintball). There are many attractions, children playgrounds, cafes and souvenir stalls. In the park area, among the rich greenery there are pedestrian paths. The total area of the park is almost 17 hectares.
In the park there are sculptural compositions: the "Bench of Reconciliation" and the Monument to Peter and Fevronia; there is also the Memorial Plaque dedicated to the soldiers and officers of the 56th Army and the Alley of Glory. Another notable place of the October Revolution Park is an artificial lake, where one can see waterfowl, as well as aviary for flamingos and peacocks.
The park in its present form has existed from the early 2000s, when large-scale works on its expansion took place. In 2002 there was opened an amusement park. In 2016, the third largest observation wheel, 65 meters high, was also opened there.
Various celebrations, cultural events and mass festivities take place there. Every year the park is visited by 1.5 million people. Next to the park, at Teatralnaya Square, there is a fountain called Atlantes, which was designed by architect Yevgeny Vuchetich.
- "Парк им. Октябрьской Революции". agrocomgroup.ru. Archived from the original on 2018-06-18. Retrieved 2017-02-26. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Достопримечательности Ростова-на-Дону. Парк имени Октябрьской революции | Статья на awaytravel.ru". www.awaytravel.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- "Парк им.Октябрьской революции > Ростов-на-Дону > Каталог организаций Ростова-на-Дону". allorostov.ru. Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- User, Super. "Парк Революции - О парке". www.revolutionpark.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- "Фонтан «Атланты» - Wikimapia". wikimapia.org. Retrieved 2017-02-26. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)