October Moon is a 2005 independent horror film directed by Jason Paul Collum and starring Judith O'Dea, Brinke Stevens, Sean Michael Lambrecht, Jeff Dylan Graham, Tina Ona Paukstelis, Darcey Vanderhoef, and Jerod Howard. The plot concerns a male homosexual relationship that turns sour. After a limited theatrical run beginning September 29, 2005, the movie was distributed on DVD by Tempe Entertainment on Valentine's Day, February 14, 2006. The DVD release was an immediate success for the company, and remained their #1 Best Selling Title in 2006, 2008, 2009 and 2010. October Moon premiered on On Demand in March 2008. It was jointly produced by B+Boy Productions, LLC and Tempe Entertainment.
|Directed by||Jason Paul Collum|
|Written by||Jason Paul Collum|
|Produced by||Jason Paul Collum|
Sean Michael Lambrecht
Jeff Dylan Graham
|Cinematography||Red Clark II|
|Edited by||Red Clark II|
|Music by||Red Clark II|
Sean Michael Lambrecht
|Distributed by||Tempe Entertainment|
- Judith O'Dea as Mrs. Hamilton (Elliot's Mom)
- Brinke Stevens as Nancy
- Sean Michael Lambrecht as Corin Buckman
- Jeff Dylan Graham as Jake
- Jerod Howard as Elliot
- Tina Ona Paukstelis as Marti
- Darcey Vanderhoef as Maggie
- Michael Lecce as Johnny
- Chad J. Morrell as Sean / Chantal
- Joel Duffrin as Josie Lynn
- John Grzegorczyk as Detective / Man in Hat
- Ashley J. Anderson as Farmer Red
- Ariauna Albright as Operator (voice)
- James Hauser as Redneck #1
- Jeffrey Wayne Stevens as Jim in maintenance
The sequel October Moon 2: November Son premiered in a limited theatrical run on July 10, 2008. The entire original cast returned, plus new cast members Debbie Rochon, Robyn Griggs and recording artist Sacha Sacket. The story followed a new mysterious young gay man (Sacket) who seems to bring danger into the lives of the surviving characters from the original film. October Moon 2 was released to DVD on April 14, 2009 by Ariztical Entertainment under the title November Son. Financial disputes between Ariztical and production company B+Boy Productions, LLC. returned the rights to B+Boy, who licensed the title to Tempe Entertainment for re-release on February 15, 2011 under its original title October Moon 2: November Son with original artwork by Paul Girard.
A third film in the trilogy was planned, but as of 2019 had still not been officially announced.
- "October Moon Collector's Edition". amazon.com. Retrieved 13 March 2019.
- Sean Abley Out in the Dark: Interviews with Gay Horror Filmmakers, Actors, and Authors (2013), p. 102, at Google Books
- Darren Elliott-Smith Queer Horror Film and Television: Sexuality and Masculinity at the Margins, p. 236, at Google Books