Oakland – Jack London Square station(Redirected from Oakland – Jack London Square (Amtrak station))
Oakland – Jack London Square is a train station in Jack London Square of Oakland, California, United States. The station is served by Amtrak's Capitol Corridor, Coast Starlight, and San Joaquins trains. Through Thruway buses, this station serves San Francisco.
|Location||245 2nd Street|
Oakland, CA 94607
|Owned by||Port of Oakland|
|Platforms||1 side platform, 1 island platform|
|Connections|| AC Transit: 12, Broadway Shuttle|
Amtrak Thruway: 17, 34, 99
|Parking||500 short term|
500 long term
|Opened||May 22, 1995|
|Passengers (2017)||371,257 7.89% (Amtrak)|
Of the 74 California stations served by Amtrak, Oakland was the tenth-busiest in FY2012, boarding or de-training an average of about 1,142 passengers daily.
The station opened on May 22, 1995 as a replacement for 16th Street Station, which had been severely damaged in the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake. A building next to the old station was used as the rail station until August 5, 1994. Southern Pacific's downtown station on the north side of 1st Street between Franklin Street and Broadway was a passenger stop until 1960.
Platforms and tracksEdit
|1-2||■ Capitol Corridor||toward Auburn (Emeryville)|
|■ Capitol Corridor||toward San Jose (Oakland Coliseum)|
|■ Coast Starlight||toward Seattle (Emeryville)|
|■ Coast Starlight||toward Los Angeles (San Jose)|
|■ San Joaquin||toward Bakersfield (Emeryville)|
|3||■ Freight line||No passenger service|
- Route 12 - daily service between Downtown Oakland and West Berkeley
- The Free Broadway Shuttle.
- "Official-Draft 2018 SJJPA Business Plan Update" (PDF). San Joaquin Joint Powers Authority. SJJPA. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2017, State of California" (PDF). November 2017. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- "OAKLAND CALIFORNIA (OKJ)". TrainWeb. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2012, State of California" (PDF). Amtrak Government Affairs. November 2012. Retrieved 2013-05-11.
- National Association of Railroad Passengers (May 19, 1995). "Hotline #878". Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "OAKLAND - JACK LONDON SQUARE, CA (OKJ)". Great American Stations (Amtrak). Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- "Line 12" (PDF). AC Transit. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- "Meet Downtown Oakland! Your guide to downtown hotspots".
- Media related to Oakland – Jack London Square station at Wikimedia Commons
- Capitol Corridor - Oakland Station Page
|This Alameda County, California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|