Oak Hall School
Oak Hall School is an independent, college-preparatory school in Gainesville, Florida, USA, that serves over 750 students in grades pre-kindergarten through 12. Students are admitted on the basis of academic records, recommendations, and an admission test. The school is sited on a 44-acre (18 ha) campus and includes a 400-seat theater, art and photography center, media center, computer center and science labs, gymnasium, lighted soccer field, and tennis courts.
|Oak Hall School|
|8009 SW 14th Ave, Gainesville, FL 32607
Gainesville, Alachua County, Florida
|School type||Independent preparatory|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12th|
|Color(s)||Burgundy and Gold|
Athletics and extracurricularsEdit
Oak Hall provides opportunities for many varsity sports, including basketball, soccer, football, softball, baseball, track, cross-country, tennis, swimming, weight lifting and lacrosse. The baseball field is named for Roger Maris, the former baseball great who coached baseball for many years. The cross-country team won the state championship in 2013.
Oak Hall also has a thriving student government association, has several clubs (including language clubs), an outdoors club, a spirit club, a Key Club, and is a member of the Cum Laude Honors Society. The chess club, established in 1997, has won the National USCF championships fifteen times, most recently in 2017.
Oak Hall has a Spanish program and was placed first in Division 1A at the Florida State Spanish Conference in 2010. It also has a Latin program and was placed first in the Senior Division and first in the Junior Division at the 2010 FJCL State Forum held between April 14, 2010 and April 17, 2010. The Senior Division won again in 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2016. Its Certamen team has won multiple state and collegiate level tournaments.
- Beckmann, Chris; Boucias, Judy (1994). A History of Gainesville and its people. Gainesville, Fla.: Oak Hall School.
- "2014 Forum Results". Florida Junior Classical League. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
- "2015 Forum Results". Florida Junior Classical League. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
- "2016 Forum Results". Florida Junior Classical League. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
- "Oak Hall School -> Latin Certamen Meet". www.oakhall.org. Retrieved 2016-09-22.
- "Ellington's long road to Miami". Gainesville.com. Retrieved July 8, 2015.