|Formerly Public Company, NASDAQ:OPNT|
|Industry||Computer software, Computer hardware, Network and Application Management|
|Headquarters||Bethesda, Maryland, USA|
|Marc A. Cohen, CEO & Chairman;
Alain J. Cohen, CTO & President;
Mel Wesley, CFO;
Erika Durrington, SVP;
Yev Gurevich, SVP;
Todd Kaloudis, SVP;
Joseph Lenz, SVP;
PJ Malloy, SVP;
Dennis McCoy, SVP;
Alberto Morales, SVP;
Carol Nakhuda, SVP;
Pradeep Singh, SVP;
Edward Sykes, SVP.
|Revenue||US$ 173 million (FY-12)|
|US$ 18 million (FY-12)|
Number of employees
|Approximately 700 (2012)|
Prior to Riverbed, OPNET was headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland and had U.S. offices in Cary, North Carolina; Nashua, New Hampshire; Dallas, Texas; and Santa Clara, California. It had international offices in Slough, United Kingdom; Paris, France; Ghent, Belgium; Frankfurt, Germany; and Singapore, with staff and consultants in multiple locations in Asia and Latin America.
"OPNET" was Alain Cohen's (co-founder, CTO & President) graduate project for a networking course while he was at MIT. OPNET stood for Optimized Network Engineering Tools. Alain, along with brother Marc (co-founder, CEO & Chairman) and classmate Steven Baraniuk, decided to commercialize the software. The company's first product was OPNET Modeler, a software tool for computer network modeling and simulation.
Since becoming a public company in August 2000, OPNET executed the following acquisitions:
- March 2001: NetMaker Division of Make Systems
- January 2002: WDM NetDesign B.V.B.A
- October 2004: Altaworks Corporation
- October 2007: substantially all of the assets of Network Physics, Inc.
- August 2010: DSAuditor product line from Embarcadero Technologies
- May 2012: Clarus Systems, Inc.
OPNET Solutions (prior to acquisition by Riverbed)Edit
- OPNET Technologies, Inc. Announces Initial Public Offering of 4.0 Million Shares of Common Stock at $13.00 Per Share
- Martyn Williams, Network World. "Riverbed to acquire Opnet in $1B deal." Oct 30, 2012. Retrieved Dec 12, 2012.
- Nathan Eddy, eWeek. "Riverbed Boosts APM Abilities With Opnet Acquisition." Oct 30, 2012. Retrieved Dec 12, 2012.
- Jon Gold, Network World. "Riverbed's billion-dollar Opnet buy could pay off big, analysts say." Nov 1, 2012. Retrieved Dec 13, 2012.
- Riverbed to Acquire OPNET Technologies, Inc. Oct 29, 2012. Retrieved Dec 13, 2012.
- "OPNET Named to List of World's Most Successful Software Companies; Independent Industry Analyst Report Ranks OPNET as One of Seven Public Software Companies with Eleven or More Consecutive Years of Growth and Profitability | Business Wire". www.businesswire.com. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- "Form 10-K". www.sec.gov. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- "Form 10-Q". www.sec.gov. Retrieved 2016-03-02.