The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (November 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Nuria Bermúdez Antona (born 12 January 1980) is a Spanish FIFA-certified football agent and actress. She became famous for revealing her personal life to the public, and by appearing nude on multiple occasions in magazines and on television. She also is famous for her relationship with Spanish footballer Dani Güiza.
Nuria Bermúdez Antona
12 January 1981
Born to a father who was in the Spanish military and a mother who was a nurse, Bermúdez started off her showbiz career at age 11, when she appeared in Teresa Rabal's TV programme La Guardería on Antena 3. By the time she was 15, she was a regular on Madrid's clubbing scene, and was soon dating various celebrities, the first being Antonio David Flores, the former Civil Guard and husband of singer and actress Rocío Carrasco.
A lifelong Real Madrid fan (she has a tattoo of the Real Madrid emblem on her midriff), Bermúdez famously claimed that she had slept with at least six first-team players, including David Beckham. Bermúdez repeatedly turned up at his Santa Mauro hotel. Bermúdez also claimed that she had been exchanging raunchy texts with Beckham, asking for £12,000 for the full story. "Details" of their "relationship" were then shaken off by biographer Andrew Morton.
She was sued by Portugal and Real Madrid player Luis Figo, after stating, during a TV chatshow in 2002, that she had seen Figo double-dating. She lost the case in 2004, although Figo decided not to take the matter further following a public apology by Bermúdez.
In 2004, a mass-mailing worm known as Tasin.C (aka W32/Anzae) promising naked pictures of Bermúdez caused problems among computer users. The suspected creator of the worm was subsequently arrested in Écija.
FIFA football agent and relationship with GüizaEdit
In 2006, Bermúdez sat for the qualifications to become an official FIFA football agent, which she passed scoring 29 points, just five below the top. She also obtained the highest score for a female football agent in Spain.
It was shortly after then that she met her future husband Dani Güiza, who at the time was playing for Getafe CF, having joined from Ciudad de Murcia for €800,000. To the surprise of then Getafe coach Bernd Schuster, Bermúdez turned Güiza around, stating: "Ever since Dani's been with Nuria, he turns up to training and it doesn't look like he's slept under a bridge".
With many big name clubs looking to sign Güiza in the summer of 2008, including Valencia CF, FC Barcelona, Arsenal, Internazionale, A.C. Milan, A.S. Roma, and Manchester City, she was asked whether Real Madrid would sign him. She replied in an interview that they would not because "Real Madrid only like stars and won't buy someone from a humble background." She continued, "They prefer to pay 50 million for a player with a name more like Güizinho" Eventually, Güiza ended up being signed to Fenerbahçe.
- Full name of Nuria Bermúdez
- "From lover to players' agent" (in Spanish), El Mundo 16 April 2006. Retrieved on 2 June 2008
- "I want to have sex with Becks, says hot beauty Nuria Bermúdez", Daily Mirror, 7 July 2003. Retrieved on 2 June 2008
- "How dirty Nuria rescued one of Spain's greatest talents" Sid Lowe, The Guardian 28 April 2008. Retrieved on 2 June 2008
- Wannabe: How the Spice Girls Reinvented Pop Fame, David Sinclair, p281. Retrieved on 2 June 2008
- "Has joined us: Andrew Morton" (in Spanish), El Mundo, 30 September 2003. Retrieved on 2 June 2008
- Plauto, recuerdo distorsionado de un tonto eventual at IMDB.com
- "Nuria Bermúdez, a new virus hook" (in Spanish), El Mundo, 23 November 2004. Retrieved on 2 June 2008
- "Spanish police arrest worm suspect", The Register, 27 January 2005. Retrieved on 2 June 2008
- "Nuria Bermúdez: famous people" Archived 9 June 2008 at the Wayback Machine (in Spanish), Hoy Mujer. Retrieved on 2 June 2008
- "Nuria Bermúdez confesses" (in Spanish), Mercafutbol, 16 May 2008. Retrieved on 2 June 2008
- "Son of footballer Güiza y Nuria Bermúdez is born" (in Spanish),El Periódico, 2 December 2007. Retrieved on 2 June 2008