Nurhak (Kurdish: Nûrheq) is a town and district of Kahramanmaraş Province in the Mediterranean region of Turkey. According to 2000 census, the district area's population was 17,260, and the district center had a population of 8,118.
|• Mayor||Ilhami Bozan (CHP)|
|• Kaymakam||Cihat KOÇ|
|• District||1,218.85 km2 (470.60 sq mi)|
|• District density||11/km2 (29/sq mi)|
Together with Elbistan and Pazarcık, Nurhak is considered to have the main portion of the Alevi population in the province of Kahramanmaraş. Alevis in the region are generally Kurds, while Sunnis are generally Turks (with exceptions).
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- İbrahim Sediyani (2009). Adını arayan coğrafya. Özedönüş Yayınları. p. 185. ISBN 9786054296002.
- Kahramanmaraş Governorate. "Population statistics as of 2000" (in Turkish). Archived from the original on 2008-03-05. Retrieved 2008-03-07.
- Orhan, Mehmet (2015-10-16). Political Violence and Kurds in Turkey: Fragmentations, Mobilizations, Participations & Repertoires. Routledge. pp. 81, 85. ISBN 978-1-317-42044-6.
- District governor's official website (in Turkish)