Notts, Lincs & Derbyshire Rugby Football Union
The Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire & Derbyshire Rugby Football Union (NLD RFU) is a governing body for rugby union in part of The Midlands, England. The union is the constituent body of the Rugby Football Union for the counties of Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire and Derbyshire, with each county having also having their own sub-unions with additional club cup competitions. As well as overseeing club rugby, the Notts, Lincs and Derbyshire RFU also administers the county representative teams.
|Full name||Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire and Derbyshire Rugby Football Union|
|Region||Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, Derbyshire|
The Notts, Lincs & Derbyshire Rugby Football Union was formed in 1926. Prior to this clubs in the region had been members of the Midland Counties Football Union which had dissolved several years earlier in 1920.
The Notts, Lincs & Derbyshire senior men's side currently play in the third division of County Championship rugby union. They reached their first County County Championship final in 1986, losing 12-9 to Middlesex at Twickenham Stadium, back when it was a single competition. They had to wait another 20 years for another Twickenham final, finally winning their first county silverware in 2006 when they defeated Oxfordshire 21 - 17 to claim the County Championship Shield. In recent years the team has struggled, at one point even having to drop out of the 2018 County Championship Shield, before returning for the 2019 competition.
- County Championship Shield winners: 2006
There are 60 clubs currently affiliated to NLD RFU, listed below.
- East Leeke
- East Retford
- Mansfield Woodhouse
- Meden Vale
- Nottingham Casuals
- Nottingham Corsairs
- Nottingham Moderns
- Nottingham Trent University
- Sutton Bonnington Agricultural College
- University of Nottingham
- West Bridgford
Notts, Lincs & Derbyshire club competitionsEdit
The Notts, Lincs & Derbyshire currently run the following competitions for club sides in the region:
Sub-union club competitionsEdit
- "History". Newark RUFC (Pitchero). Retrieved 12 February 2019.
- "County Championship Plate Final 2006". englandrugby.com. 29 May 2006.
- "Rugby: Lions man scores try at Twickenham". Portsmouth News. 30 May 2006.
- "NLD SENIOR XV". NLD RFU. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "clubs". Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "NLD SENIOR KO COMPS UPDATE". Notts, Lincs & Derbyshire RFU. 20 November 2018.
- "Nottinghamshire RFU Knockout Cup Competitions 2018 - 19" (PDF). Nottinghamshire RFU. Retrieved 12 February 2019.
- "Lincolnshire Rugby Football Union Competition Rules 2017 – 2018" (PDF). Lincolnshire RFU. Retrieved 12 February 2019.
- "Derbyshire Rugby Football Union KNOCKOUT COMPETITIONS RULES" (PDF). Derbyshire RFU. Retrieved 12 February 2019.