Metro Trains Sydney
Metro Trains Sydney Pty Ltd (MTS) is the operator of the Metro North West Line, which runs along the Sydney Metro Northwest. It is a joint venture between MTR Corporation (60%), John Holland (20%) and UGL Rail (20%) formed in September 2014. It operates the network with a fleet of 22 Alstom Metropolis trains under a 15-year contract.
|Metro Trains Sydney|
|Founded||10 September 2014|
|Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Products||Metro transport services|
|Owner||MTR Corporation (60%)|
John Holland Group (20%)
UGL Rail (20%)
In June 2014, Northwest Rapid Transit (NRT), a consortium of MTR Corporation, John Holland, CPB Contractors, UGL Rail and Plenary Group, was selected by Transport for NSW to build stations, procure trains and operate services on the Sydney Metro Northwest in a $3.7 billion public–private partnership. The contract was formally awarded by the New South Wales Government in September 2014. During the construction, John Holland and CPB Contractors built new stations at Tallawong, Rouse Hill, Kellyville, Bella Vista, Norwest, Hills Showground, Castle Hill and Cherrybrook.
As part of the consortium, MTR Corporation, John Holland and UGL Rail formed the Metro Trains Sydney joint venture in September 2014 to operate metro services when the line opens. The line opened on 26 May 2019, with MTS operating Metro North West Line services on the line.
- "Historical details for ABN 54 600 820 737". ABN Lookup. Archived from the original on 6 May 2019. Retrieved 6 May 2019.
- "Sydney Metro North West". MTR Corporation. Archived from the original on 30 March 2019. Retrieved 30 December 2017.
- "Case Study - Sydney Metro Northwest" (PDF). Alstom. Archived from the original (PDF) on 1 December 2017.
- "Our Shareholders". Metro Trains Melbourne. Archived from the original on 6 May 2019. Retrieved 6 May 2019.
- "Sydney automated metro operator selected". Metro Report International. 24 June 2014. Archived from the original on 24 March 2019. Retrieved 6 May 2019.
- "Sydney's new train unveiled as $3.7 billion North West Rail Link operations contract signed". 16 September 2014.
- Sydney Metro Northwest - case study UGL Rail
- "NRT awarded operations contract to deliver Australia's largest public transport project". Plenary Group. 16 September 2014. Archived from the original on 6 May 2019. Retrieved 6 May 2019.
- "North West Rail Link - Operations, Trains and Systems". CIMIC. Archived from the original on 26 March 2018. Retrieved 6 May 2019.