Northern Star Resources is an Australian gold mining company with operations in Western Australia, Northern Territory and Alaska.
|1,486,443 ounces (2020–21)|
|Revenue||$2.8 billion (2021)|
|$1.2 billion (2021)|
Northern Star Resources (NSR) was founded in December 2003 to search for and develop ore deposits in the East Kimberley region of Western Australia. It was listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in December 2003. In July 2010, it became a gold miner with the purchase of Paulsens Gold Mine.
In October 2020, a merger between NSR and Saracen Metal Holdings, its joint venture partner in the Super Pit gold mine, was proposed. The merger was completed in February 2021 when Saracen was de-listed from the Australian Securities Exchange.
- Carosue Dam Gold Mine (4 underground mines: Karari, Whirling Dervish, Porphyry 45 km north and Deep South mine 70 km to the North)
- Thunderbox Gold Mine (1 underground mine: Thunderground & 2 Open Pit Mines)
- Jubilee Gold Mine
- Jundee Gold Mine
- Kanowna Belle Gold Mine
- Paulsens Gold Mine (in care and maintenance)
- Pogo mine
- South Kalgoorlie Gold Mine
- Super Pit gold mine
- Plutonic Gold Mine
- Kundanda Gold Mine and East Kundana Joint Venture (51 percent Northern Star Resources), sold to Evolution Mining in July 2021
- ^ "Northern Star Resources Annual Report 2021". www.asx.com.au. Northern Star Resources. 25 August 2021. Retrieved 20 May 2022.
- ^ Prospectus Northern Star Resources 6 November 2003
- ^ Northern Star Resources Limited: Admission to Official List Australian Securities Exchange 15 December 2003
- ^ Paulsens Gold Mine Acquisition Northern Star Resources 6 May 2010
- ^ Haselgrove, Salomae (6 October 2020). "Super merger: Northern Star and Saracen to join forces". Australian Mining. Retrieved 5 April 2022.
- ^ Kelly, Elise (12 February 2021). "Northern Star (ASX:NST) completes merger with Saracen (ASX:SAR)". The Market Herald. Retrieved 5 April 2022.
- ^ Mineral Resources at 31 March 2021 Northern Star Resources
- ^ Northern Star completes takeover of Jundee gold mine Australian Mining 3 July 2014
- ^ Northern Star buts two more of Barrick's gold mines Australian Mining 23 January 2014
- ^ Intrepid sells Paulsens gold mine to Northern Star for revised offer Australian Mining 30 June 2010
- ^ Northern Star to acquire Pogo gold mine for $US260m Australian Mining 30 August 2018
- ^ Northern Star becomes Super Pit joint owner Australian Mining 6 January 2020
- ^ Company Overview Superior Gold
- ^ "Evolution to expand Kalgoorlie foothold with Kundana acquisition". Australian Mining. 22 July 2021. Retrieved 4 April 2022.