North American Football League
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The North American Football League (NAFL) was a proposed American spring football league. In 2014, the league announced it was to begin play for the 2016 season; however, there have been no further announcements that the league has met any of their listed key dates as of April 1, 2016.
The league were scheduled to run tryouts on March 15, 2015, in Monroeville, Pennsylvania, and charged prospective recruits over $100. However, it was reported that nobody from the league actually attended the tryouts. The league stated that the tryouts had been postponed to March 29 but the local representatives had failed to notify attendees. A later tryout in the Atlanta area would be cancelled the morning of the scheduled date.
In May 2017, league chairman Christopher White, and his wife, Tracy, were charged with grand theft in defrauding a potential investor of $150,000. They are alleged to have taken up for $700,000 with no intent on actually launching a functioning league and an affiliated production company for broadcasting games.
|Birmingham Freedom||Birmingham, Alabama||2015|
|Connecticut Colonials||Hartford, Connecticut||2015|
|Columbus Flight||Columbus, Ohio||2015|
|Kentucky Thoroughbreds||Louisville, Kentucky||2015|
|Memphis Kings||Memphis, Tennessee||2015|
|North Carolina Redwolves||Raleigh, North Carolina||2015|
|OKC Slingers||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma||2017|
|Orlando Sentinels||Orlando, Florida||2015|
|St. Louis Scouts||St. Louis, Missouri||2017|
|Virginia Crusaders||Richmond, Virginia||2015|
- "NAFL's First Facebook post". Facebook. May 30, 2013.
- "NAFL TO MAKE YEARLONG FOOTBALL A REALITY". NAFL. September 9, 2014.
- "KEY 2016 NAFL DATES". NAFL. October 1, 2014. Retrieved April 1, 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "New pro football league is no-show at its own tryout". WTAE-TV. March 16, 2015.
- "North American Football League chairman & wife arrested, accused of defrauding investors". WZTV. May 15, 2017. Retrieved May 17, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Will Birmingham play in the North American Football League?".