Norman (also Norman Station) is an unincorporated community in northwestern Owen Township, Jackson County, Indiana, United States. It lies along State Road 58 northwest of the town of Brownstown, the county seat of Jackson County. Its elevation is 869 feet (265 m), and it is located at (38.9525511, -86.2749872). Because the community had two different names, the Board on Geographic Names officially decided in favor of "Norman" in 1943. Although Norman is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 47264.
|Elevation||869 ft (265 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||451280|
- "Norman, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- DeLorme. Indiana Atlas & Gazetteer. 3rd ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2004, p. 50-51. ISBN 0-89933-319-2.
- Geographic Names Information System Feature Detail Report, Geographic Names Information System, 1979-02-14. Accessed 2008-06-01.
- Zip Code Lookup
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 244. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
This village was founded in 1889 by John A. Norman...
- "Jackson County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
|This Jackson County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|