Norma M. Riccucci
Norma M. Riccucci is Board of Governors Distinguished Professor of Public Administration at the School of Public Affairs and Administration at Rutgers University in Newark. She is a scholar in the field of Public Administration. An authority on issues related to affirmative action and public management, Dr. Riccucci is widely known for her work in the area of diversity management in government employment.
Riccucci holds a Masters of Public Administration MPA from the University of Southern California Los Angeles and a PhD in public administration from the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs at Syracuse University.
Riccucci was an assistant then associate professor in Public Administration at the University at Albany, SUNY from 1985-1998. She was Professor of Public Administration from 1998-2002. She became Professor of Public Administration at Rutgers University, Newark in 2002. Presently, she is Distinguished Professor at Rutgers University in Newark.
Riccucci has written extensively in various areas of public management.
- Public Administration: Traditions of Inquiry and Philosophies of Knowledge Washington, DC: Georgetown University Press, 2010
- How Management Matters: Street-Level Bureaucrats and Welfare Reform. Washington, DC: Georgetown University Press, 2005
- Managing Diversity in Public Sector Workforces. Boulder, CO: Westview Press, 2002
- Unsung Heroes: Federal Execucrats Making a Difference. Washington, DC: Georgetown University Press, 1995
- Personnel Management in Government, Sixth Edition. Boca Raton, FL: Taylor & Francis, 2007. 600 pp. Coauthor: Katherine Naff; Contributing coauthors, Jay Shafritz and David H. Rosenbloom.
- Fifth Edition. NY: Marcel Dekker, 2001. 587 pp. Coauthors: Jay Shafritz, Katherine Naff, David H. Rosenbloom, Albert Hyde.
- Fourth Edition, 1992, 553 pp. Coauthors, Shafritz, Hyde, and David H. Rosenbloom.
- Translated into Chinese as Guo Wai Xing Zheng Xue Jing Dian Yi Cong. Beijing,: J.D. Publishers, 1997.
- Personnel Management in Government: Current Concerns, Future Challenges, Fourth Edition, edited. New York: Longman Press, 2006
- Public Personnel Administration and Labor Relations, edited. Armonk, New York: M.E. Sharpe, 2007
- School of Public Affairs and Administration, Rutgers University, Newark. Profile of Norma M. Riccucci. http://spaa.newark.rutgers.edu/home/faculty/core/norma-m-riccucci.html
- Riccucci, Norma M. (2010). Envisioning Public Administration as a Scholarly Field in the Year 2020: Rethinking Epistemic Traditions. Public Administration Review, 70(Supplement), 304-306.
- Riccucci, Norma M. (2009). The Pursuit of Social Equity in the Federal Government: A Road Less Traveled? Public Administration Review, 69(3), 373-382. JSTOR 27697878
- Riccucci, Norma M. (2008). A Major Setback for Pay Equality: The Supreme Court’s Decision in Ledbetter v. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company. Review of Public Personnel Administration, 28(1), 91-96. http://rop.sagepub.com/content/28/1/91.full.pdf+html
- Riccucci, Norma M. (2005). Street-Level Bureaucrats and Intrastate Variation in the Implementation of Temporary Assistance of Needy Families Policies. Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, 15(1), 89-111. JSTOR 3525799
- School of Public Affairs and Administration at Rutgers University, Newark Web Site: http://spaa.newark.rutgers.edu/
- Maxwell School of Syracuse University Web Site: http://www.maxwell.syr.edu/
- The University of Southern California Web Site: http://www.usc.edu/
- Public Management Research Association Web Site: http://www.pmranet.org/
- Georgetown University Press series on Public Management and Change Web Site: https://web.archive.org/web/20101225103034/http://www.press.georgetown.edu/series.html?se=17