Nolin River Lake
Nolin River Lake is a reservoir in Edmonson, Grayson, and Hart counties in Kentucky. It was impounded from the Nolin River by the United States Army Corps of Engineers in 1963. The Nolin River dam was authorized in 1938 as part of a flood control act. The lake varies from 2,890 acres (11.7 km²) in the winter to 5,795 acres (23.5 km²) in the summer.
|Nolin River Lake|
|Location||Edmonson / Grayson / Hart counties, Kentucky, US|
|Primary inflows||Nolin River|
|Primary outflows||Nolin River|
Nearby attractions include Mammoth Cave National Park, Nolin Lake State Park, Moutardier Resort and Marina, Ponderosa Boat Dock/Marina and Wax Marina. Moutardier is an unincorporated community that abuts Nolin River Lake. Moutardier is located on Kentucky Route 259, 10.3 miles (16.6 km) south-southeast of Leitchfield.
- Kleber, John E., ed. (1992). "Lakes". The Kentucky Encyclopedia. Associate editors: Thomas D. Clark, Lowell H. Harrison, and James C. Klotter. Lexington, Kentucky: The University Press of Kentucky. ISBN 0-8131-1772-0.
- State Primary Road System: Grayson County (PDF) (Map). Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. 2011. Retrieved April 30, 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- US Army Corps of Engineers page on Nolin Lake
- Nolin Lake State Park facilities map
- Nolin Lake State Park interactive GIS map