x (Pron. "knocks"), = NO + the free radical NO2, defined as such due to the rapid gas-phase inter-conversion between NO and NO2. NO2 dimerises to liquid N2O4 under pressure.
- NOy = the sum of all oxidized odd-Nitrogen species (e.g. NOx + HNO3 + HONO + etc.)
- NOz = NOy - NOx
- Nitric oxide, also known as nitrogen monoxide (NO), nitrogen(II) oxide
- Nitrogen dioxide (NO2), nitrogen(IV) oxide
- Nitrous oxide (N2O), nitrogen(−I,III) oxide
- Nitrosylazide (N4O), nitrogen(−I,0,I,II) oxide
- Oxatetrazole (N4O)
- Dinitrogen trioxide (N2O3), nitrogen(II,IV) oxide
- Dinitrogen tetroxide (N2O4), nitrogen(IV) oxide
- Dinitrogen pentoxide (N2O5), nitrogen(V) oxide
- Trinitramide (N(NO2)3 or N4O6), nitrogen(0,IV) oxides
x (or NOx) refers to the sum of NO and NO2.
y (or NOy) = the sum of all oxidised atmospheric odd-nitrogen.
z (or NOz) = NOy - NOx
| This set index page lists chemical compounds articles associated with the same name.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.