Ninne Pelladata (English: I will marry you) is a 1996 Telugu romance film, produced by Akkineni Nagarjuna on Annapurna Studios banner, directed by Krishna Vamsi. Starring Akkineni Nagarjuna, Tabu in lead roles and music composed by Sandeep Chowta. The film recorded as Industry Hit at box-office. The film was remade in Kannada as Preethsod Thappa with V. Ravichandran. It was dubbed into Tamil as Unnaiye Kalyanam Pannikiren and in Hindi as Jab dil kisi pe aata hai. The blockbuster film has received the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu for that year.
|Directed by||Krishna Vamsi|
|Produced by||Akkineni Nagarjuna|
|Written by||Pruthvi Teja (dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||Krishna Vamsi|
|Story by||Krishna Vamsi|
|Music by||Sandeep Chowta|
|Distributed by||B4U Entertainment|
Ninne Pelladata is family romance based movie in which Mahalakshmi (Tabu) comes to Hyderabad for Flight Training and falls in love with Seenu (Nagarjuna). The duo decide to inform their respective parents of their plan to get married. Seenu's family welcomes Mahalakshmi, and approves of her. Just shortly after their approval, Mahalakshmi's parents interrupt the proceedings and forcibly take Mahalaxmi with them, to get her married to someone else, leaving Mahalakshmi and Seenu to an unknown fate.
- Akkineni Nagarjuna as Seenu
- Tabu as Mahalakshmi "Pandu"
- Chalapathi Rao as Seenu's father
- Chandra Mohan as Murthy
- Giri Babu as Hari
- Ahuti Prasad as Prasad, Mahalakshmi's father
- Brahmaji as Sivaji
- Banerjee as Bachi
- Ravi Teja as a guy who misbehaves with Mahalakshmi in disco
- CVL Narasimha Rao
- Kadambari Kiran
- Uttej as Anji
- Lakshmi as Mahalakshmi
- Rama Prabha as Paapa
- Manju Bhargavi as Bhavani, Mahalakshmi's mother
|Film score by Sandeep Chowta|
The music was composed by Sandeep Chowta. All the songs are blockbusters. Music released on T-Series Audio Company.
|1.||"Yeto Vellipoyindi"||Sirivennela Sitarama Sastry||Rajesh Krishnan||4:36|
|2.||"Greeku Veerudu"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||Sowmya||4:33|
|3.||"Naa Mogudu Rampyari"||Suddala Ashok Teja||Malgudi Subha, Sunitha, Rajesh Krishnan||5:02|
|4.||"Kannuloni Roopame"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||Hariharan, Chitra||5:21|
|5.||"Inka Edho"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||Hariharan, Sowmya||4:32|
|6.||"Ninne Pelladesthanantu"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||Jikki, Sowmya, Ramakrishna, Saandip, Rajesh, Balaram||4:22|
|7.||"Nathora Thamashalalo"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||Sanjeev Wadhwani, Sujatha||4:54|
- Unnaiye Kalyaanam Pannikkiren (Tamil Version)
|1.||"Dhisai maari poyaachu"||Rajesh Krishnan||4:36|
|3.||"En purushan"||Malgudi Subha, Anuradha Sriram, Rajesh Krishnan||4:55|
|4.||"Kannukkul un uruvame"||Hariharan, Chitra||5:21|
|5.||"Innum yedho"||Sowmya, Hariharan||4:30|
|6.||"Kanne unnai"||Sowmya, Krishna Sundar, Rajesh Krishnan||4:22|
|7.||"Ennoda vaa"||Sujatha, Sanjeev Wadhwani||4:54|
In the words of Vamsi:
|“||I thought of a subject for Nag and went to Vizag to have a look at the locations (Incidentally, that same subject is getting a shape now as Samudram). I got a feedback from numerous teenage people that the second half of Gulabi is very violent. Some other people complimented(?) that Gulabi is like a Ramuji's Film. I got disappointed, as I did not want myself to be compared with Ramuji. I wanted to be different and to make a mark of Krishna Vamsi.
Then I decided to shelve the subject of violence and do a film that is sans violence (contrast to Gulabi) and it should have total entertainment and that subject must not be touched by Ram Gopal Varma.
I wanted to do the casting with unestablished and failed actors/technicians and wanted to show the world that I can do it!! At that time I have seen Hum Aapke Hain Koun (HAHK) and Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (DDLJ). Then I decided that I should go that way. Then I called Nag up from Vizag and told him that the original story line was shelved and I had a different subject in my mind. I came back to Hyderabad and went to Ramudochadu shooting and narrated the story line of Ninne Pelladata for three minutes. After listening to the story line, Nag went to the shot without saying a word to me.
Then I developed that subject. Though DDLJ and HAHK kind of culture is not existing in Telugu people, I had to convince the people about it. DDLJ and HAHK does not have any reality in it, as they were just idealized dreamy set ups. Though, I did not want the format of DDLJ and HAHK (as they were not native for us), I wanted to capture the soul of those films and make it adaptable to the Telugu people. With in 15 days, the script was ready. Then I gave a final hearing to Nag and he liked it. Finally the project was happening. We started searching for heroine. I have inspected about 65 gals from Bombay and Madras and we were not convinced. Suddenly we realized that Tabu was the right gal for that role. I traced her and met her at the Vile Parle (w) ( apposite to the domestic airport, Bombay). We were standing on the road amidst heavy traffic and she asked to narrate the subject. I did it in a couple of minutes and she was impressed and asked me to finalize her for the project. Then I met her in Madras to narrate the whole script. She was on cloud 9. Then Ninne Pelladata happened. The rest is, as they say, history.
Ninne Pelladata became a blockbuster. But I had no excessive joy for the success of that film, as I started detaching myself from my films fate at box office. There were so many reasons for the success of Ninne Pelladata. Only Nag could do that role with perfection. No other heroine, sans Sridevi, could look as sensuous and serene as Tabu in a saree. For Gulabi and Ninne pelladata, I was complimented that the dialogues were very realistic. I continued that trend of delivering natural dialogues for the rest of my movies.
Box office performanceEdit
- The film recorded as Industry Hit at box-office with 12.5 crores share.
- The film had a successful 100-day run in 39 centres.
- The film had a 175-day run in 4 centres.
- Its dubbed version in Tamil, Unnaiye Kalyanam Pannikiren was also a super hit.
- Its Remake version in Kannada, Preethsod Thappa starring V Ravichandran and Shilpa Shetty was also a super hit.
- National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu - Nagarjuna & Krishna Vamsi (1996)
- Filmfare Award for Best Film – Telugu - Akkineni Nagarjuna
- Filmfare Award for Best Director – Telugu - Krishna Vamsi
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu - Tabu
- Nandi Award for Akkineni Award for Best Home-viewing Feature Film
- "44th National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- "Telugu Cinema Etc - Idlebrain.com". idlebrain.com.
- "CineGoer.com - Box-Office Records And Collections - Yuva Samrat's First Silver Jubilee Hit". cinegoer.com. Archived from the original on 17 September 2007.
- "CineGoer.com - Box-Office Records And Collections - Nagarjuna's 175-Day Centres List". cinegoer.com. Archived from the original on 23 February 2007.