Niillas Somby (formally known as Nils Somby) is a Sami political rights activist, journalist and photographer. He was one of the seven hunger strikers during the Alta controversy. and lost an arm during a sabotage action.
4 December 1948 |
|Occupation||Sami political rights activist, cultural worker.|
In 1999, a documentary film directed by Paul-Anders Simma was produced called Give Us Our Skeletons which describe Niillas' quest to retrieved the head of his ancestor Mons Somby and Aslak Hætta from the University of Oslo in Norway.
- Ande Somby - CV in English
- Interview from 1996. Retrieved July 15, 2008
- Dams as aid: a political anatomy of Nordic development thinking by Ann Danaiya Usher, retrieved on Google Books 2010-02-15
- "30 år etter Alta-aksjonen". Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation.
- Gi oss våre skjeletter tilbake Tromsoby.no, retrieved 29 January 2013
|This biographical article about a Norwegian activist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|