This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Nicole Markotić is a Canadian poet and novelist who lives in Windsor, Ontario. She teaches creative writing at the University of Windsor. Markotic specializes in the subjects of Canadian literature, poetry, children's literature, disability in film and disability in literature. Previously she was an assistant professor at the University of Calgary. She was the co-editor, along with Ashok Mathur, of Calgary-based DisOrientation Chapbooks. She was the poetry editor of Red Deer College Press from 1998 to 2004.
|Born||1962 (age 57–58)|
She co-edited The Problem Body: Projecting Disability on Film a critical book about disability in film, which was published by Ohio State Press in 2010. She also edited Robert Kroetsch: Essays on His Works, which was released in 2017.
- connect the dots – 1994
- Yellow Pages: a catalogue of intentions – 1995
- more excess – 1997
- minotaurs & other alphabets – 1998
- Widows and Orphans – 2004
- Scrapbook of My Years as a Zealot – 2008
- Bent at the Spine – 2012
- "Rough Patch" – 2017
- bpNichol Chapbook Award (minotaurs & other alphabets, 1998)
- Calder, edited by Alison; Wardhaugh, Robert (2005). History, literature, and the writing of the Canadian Prairies. Winnipeg: University of Manitoba Press. p. 236. ISBN 978-0-88755-682-1. Retrieved 25 January 2011.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- "Dr. Nicole Markotić". University of Windsor. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- Butling, Pauline (2005). Writing in our time: Canada's radical poetries in English (1957–2003). Waterloo, ON: Wilfrid Laurier University Press. pp. 12. ISBN 0889204306.
- Chivers, Sally; Markotic, Nicole (2010). The Problem Body: Projecting Disability on Film. Columbus, OH: Ohio State University Press. hdl:1811/45266.
- Guernica Editions;Robert Kroetsch: Essays on His Works. Guernica Editions https://www.guernicaeditions.com/title/9781771831710. Retrieved 31 March 2017. Missing or empty
- McGoogan,Ken. "Markotic wins chapbook award." Calgary Herald. 11 July 1998: 17.
|This article about a poet from Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|