Nicolás Giacobone is an Argentine writer and screenwriter. He won the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay for the 2014 film Birdman at the 87th Academy Awards in 2015. He wrote a book of short stories Algún Cristo (2001), and the novel The Crossed-Out Notebook (2018). His latest screenplay is for the film John and the Hole which was part of the official selection of the 2020 Cannes Film Festival and premiered at the 2021 Sundance Film Festival.
|2011||El último Elvis||No||No||Yes|
|2014||Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)||No||Yes||Yes|
|2021||John and the Hole||No||Yes||Yes|
- Gettell, Oliver (February 22, 2015). "Oscars 2015: 'Birdman' quartet wins for original screenplay". latimes.com. Retrieved February 23, 2015.
- "- Megustaleer". www.megustaleer.com. Retrieved June 11, 2020.
- The Crossed-Out Notebook. September 2, 2019. ISBN 978-1-5011-9874-8.
- "The films of the Official Selection 2020". Cannes Film Festival. June 5, 2020.
- Debruge, Peter (January 30, 2021). "'John and the Hole' Review: Child Actor Charlie Shotwell Goes Deep in Creepy Family Portrait". Variety. Retrieved April 22, 2021.
- "Armando Bó y Nicolás Giacobone, los otros argentinos que pelean por un Oscar" [Armando Bó and Nicolás Giacobone, the other argentines that fight for an Oscar] (in Spanish). Infobae. February 22, 2015. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
The screenwriters are cousins to each other and grandsons of legendary Argentine director Armando Bó