Niš-Ekspres (full legal name: Akcionarsko društvo za saobraćajnu delatnost Niš-Ekspres Niš) is a bus company based in Niš, Serbia. Established in 1951, the company is today the largest and most-used public intercity transportation from Niš.
|Founded||3 March 1951|
|Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Zoran Jovanović (General director)|
|Services||Intercity and international coach service, Local and city transit|
|Revenue||€33.33 million (2019)|
|€0.65 million (2019)|
|Total assets||€19.39 million (2019)|
|Total equity||€7.66 million (2019)|
|Owner||Bokić Gojko d.o.o. (97.85%)|
(as of October 2019)
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Business ID: 07133731
Tax ID: 100615493 
The company was established on 3 March 1951 as Preduzeće za putnički saobraćaj with a fleet composed of seven buses. It started its own bus production under the name Nibus in 1996. They developed their first model, tourist coach Nibus 350 powered by MAN engine. After five years of continuous development Nibus 350 evolved into Nibus 400. In 2006, Nibus 400 won the award “Best of Serbia”.
On 1 May 1999, a bus was struck by a NATO missile during the NATO bombing of Yugoslavia. The Niš-Ekspres bus was operating on the Niš-Priština line, which is no longer operated today. The BBC reported that 23 people were killed. In terrorist bombing on 16 February 2001, 12 civilians were killed while they were on a bus.
In October 2019, the company "Bokić Gojko" d.o.o. which is owned by company's general director Zoran Jovanović, became the majority shareholder of the company after purchasing nearly 50% of shares from Belgrade-based Delta Real Estate.
- ^ a b "Bilans uspeha (2019) - Niš-Ekspres". apr.gov.rs (in Serbian). Retrieved 28 December 2020.
- ^ a b "БИЛАНС СТАЊА (2019) - Niš-Ekspres". apr.gov.rs (in Serbian). Retrieved 28 December 2020.
- ^ "Основни подаци о привредном друштву". apr.gov.rs (in Serbian). Serbian Business Registers Agency. Retrieved 13 March 2018.
- ^ a b Nis Ekspres - Datumi (English: Dates) Retrieved 2011.
- ^ News BBC - Europe - Nato bomb hits bus Retrieved 1 May 1999.
- ^ BBC News
- ^ "Višedecenijski direktor Niš ekspresa postao vlasnik Niš ekspresa". n1info.com (in Serbian). Južne vesti. 18 October 2019. Retrieved 18 October 2019.