Nguyễn Văn Chiếu
Nguyễn Văn Chiếu (4 November 1949 – 4 February 2020), baptismal name Peter) was a Vietnamese grand master of martial arts. He was the Chief of Vovinam Council from 27 September 2015 until his death.
|Nguyễn Văn Chiếu|
|Born||4 November 1949|
Sài Gòn, State of Vietnam
|Died||4 February 2020 (aged 70)|
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
|Rank||Grandmaster in vovinam|
His father is Nguyễn Văn Ba (1926-2014).
Nguyễn Văn Chiếu started practicing Vovinam under the guidance of master Lê Sáng in 1965, when he was 16 years old. In 1967, after three years of hard practice, he got his 3-dan black belt and became a master of martial arts.
In 1969, he started to teach Vovinam at Quy Nhơn city in Bình Định province. Bình Định is the homeland of traditional martial arts of Vietnam. Because many masters in Bình Định supported him, after five years, Nguyễn Văn Chiếu opened twelve dojos. He trained many excellent students such as masters Đinh Văn Hòa, Trương Quang Bính, Đỗ Thị Ngọc Long, and Ms Nguyễn Thị Lạc.
In 1975, he left Quy Nhơn and came back to Sài Gòn. He worked as a staff of sport department in 8 District of Saigon.
At the end of 1976, he tried to persuade the local government to allow him to teach Vovinam.
Nguyễn Văn Chiếu was married and had one son and one daughter. His son named Nguyễn Bình Định (born in 1982), 3-dan yellow belt in Vovinam (in 2011), currently works in Department of Sports of Ho Chi Minh City. His daughter named Nguyễn Thanh Nhã (Thanh Nhã Berrier). She has nationality of France, her husband is Francois Berrier, a Frenchman.
- Sự kiện lớn trong môn phái Vovinam
- "Võ sư Chánh chưởng quản môn phái vovinam Nguyễn Văn Chiếu từ trần". Thanh niên. 2020-02-04. Retrieved 2020-02-04.
- "Võ Sư Nguyễn Văn Chiếu Một Lòng Với Vovinam". Retrieved 2017-05-17.
- Hoàng Minh (2013-04-08). "Võ sư có đẳng cấp vovinam cao nhất thế giới" (in Vietnamese). Người đưa tin newspaper. Retrieved 2017-05-17.
- "Nguyễn Bình Định: - Song Hỹ Đầu Năm" (in Vietnames). 2011-01-01. Retrieved 2017-05-17.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
- Pháp luật newspaper, Hoàng Yến, "Khi Liên đoàn Vovinam là nhà…", 23/08/2015 11:44 GMT+7