Next Level Games
Next Level Games, Inc. is a Canadian video game developer owned by Nintendo based in Vancouver, British Columbia. Founded in August 2002, Next Level Games specializes in creating console video games. Their first project was NHL Hitz Pro, which was published by Midway Games in 2003. The company is best known for its work with Nintendo, the Mario Strikers games and Punch-Out!! for the Wii, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Metroid Prime: Federation Force for the Nintendo 3DS, and Luigi's Mansion 3 for the Nintendo Switch.
|Headquarters||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Douglas Tronsgard (CEO)|
Number of employees
Among other awards, Next Level Games has been named one of "Canada's Top 100 Employers" and one of BC's Top Employers in 2008, 2009 and 2012. The company has been featured in Maclean's magazine and BC Business magazine.
On January 9, 2014, the studio announced that it would work exclusively with Nintendo from then on. On January 4, 2021, Nintendo announced that it had purchased Next Level Games after "A number of owner-directors recently determined that the time is right for them to sell their shares, and NLG therefore began exploring potential sale transactions". This acquisition took place on March 1.
|2003||NHL Hitz Pro||GameCube||Midway Games|
|2004||The Suffering (additional work)||PC|
|2005||Super Mario Strikers||GameCube||Nintendo|
|2007||Mario Strikers Charged||Wii|
|Spider-Man: Friend or Foe||Wii||Activision|
|2008||Ticket to Ride||Xbox 360||Playful Entertainment|
|Doc Louis's Punch-Out!!|
|2010||Transformers: Cybertron Adventures||Activision|
|Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon||Ubisoft|
|2011||Captain America: Super Soldier||Xbox 360||Sega|
|2013||Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon||Nintendo 3DS||Nintendo|
|2016||Metroid Prime: Federation Force|
|2019||Luigi's Mansion 3||Nintendo Switch|
- "Hands-On With The Secret-Filled Luigi's Mansion 3". Kotaku Australia. 2019-06-12. Retrieved 2019-06-12.
- Phillips, Tom (2019-07-17). "Luigi's Mansion 3 gets the spookiest release date possible". Eurogamer. Retrieved 2019-07-27.
- Phillips, Tom (9 January 2014). "Luigi's Mansion 2 dev will now work exclusively with Nintendo". Eurogamer. Gamer Network. Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- "Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon developer Next Level Games signs second-party deal with Nintendo". ScrewAttack.com. 2014-01-09. Archived from the original on October 9, 2015. Retrieved 2015-08-28.
- McFerran, Damien (January 5, 2021). "Nintendo Is Buying Luigi's Mansion Studio Next Level Games". Nintendo Life. Retrieved January 5, 2021.
- "The Suffering credits". MobyGames.com. Retrieved 2021-07-25.
- "Next Level Games Was Working on a Puzzle-Platformer Called "Clockwerk"". Gamnesia.com. 2015-01-12. Archived from the original on 2015-09-24. Retrieved 2015-08-28.