New York City Panel on Climate Change
Many leading Earth scientists from the region and researchers from Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) were part of the panel’s work since its beginning. Among them Cynthia Rosenzweig, who helped pioneer the study of climate change and agriculture. Additionally, legal, insurance, and risk management experts are part of the NPCC.
- The first report NPCC1 was published in 2010, about adaptation and risk management response.
- The second report NPCC2 was published in 2013, about climate risk, based on observations, climate change projections, and maps.
- The third report NPCC3 was published in 2015, and provides climate projections until 2100.
- The fourth report, NPCC 2019, was published in March 2019 and provides an updated analysis of the projections made with data collected in 2015, as well as an exposition of particular at-risk communities in New York City.
- "Climate Change Adaptation in New York City: Building a Risk Management Response". The New York Academy of Sciences. 2010.
- "NASA Science Leads New York City Climate Change 2015 Report". 17 February 2015.
- Justin Gillis (5 June 2011). "A Warming Planet Struggles to Feed Itself". New York Times.
- "Climate Risk Information 2013 Observations, Climate Change Projections, and Maps" (pdf). NYC.gov. 13 June 2013.
- "Building the Knowledge Base for Climate Resiliency: New York City Panel on Climate Change 2015 Report". The New York Academy of Sciences. 2015.
- "Mayor de Blasio Releases NPCC 2015 Report, Providing Climate Projections Through 2100 for the First Time". nyc.gov. 17 February 2015.
- "Advancing Tools and Methods for Flexible Adaptation Pathways and Science Policy Integration". The New York Academy of Sciences. 2019.