Although this may have been the result of a contemporary anti-American bias, these locomotives were said to be too heavy and too wide at the cylinders, and were the subject of a Royal Commission.
2305 was the first withdrawn in May 1933. By 1941 only six were left, with the last, 2304, being withdrawn in September 1946. None has survived onto preservation.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k Oberg, Leon (1975). Locomotives of Australia. p. 73. ISBN 0 589 07173 4.
- ^ Preston, Ron G (1984). Tender into Tank. Sydney: New South Wales Rail Transport Museum. pp. 11–57. ISBN 0 909862 18 4.
- ^ Grunbach, Alex (1989). A Compendium of New South Wales Steam Locomotives. Sydney: Australian Railway Historical Society, NSW Division. pp. 41–45. ISBN 0 909650 27 6.
- ^ New South Wales Railways 1855-1955. Published by Department of Railways
- ^ "BALDWIN ENGINE COMMISSION". The Sydney Morning Herald. National Library of Australia. 26 May 1892. p. 6. Retrieved 27 October 2014.