The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (October 2021)
|Developer(s)||Arimac Lanka Private Limited (2021–present)|
|Publisher(s)||Arimac Lanka Private Limited|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 4|
September 26, 2021
Nero is a Sri Lankan game developed by Arimac Lanka. It is the second game developed by Arimac Lanka, released five years after the development of its first, Canchayudha. The game's budget was $18,000. According to its developer, it will have a multiplayer version for mobile, and will include in-app purchases.
It was titled Nero to pay tribute to Sri Lankan Sniper hero Ranjith Premasiri Madalana, who was known as "Nero" in the Eelam war, in which he had 217 confirmed Tamil Tiger kills. Despite its name, the game does not include events from the war.
The game has three difficulty modes on startup: Easy, Normal, and Hard; and fourthly there is Brutal which unlocks after completing the game at least on Easy.
Nero is a stealth-action third-person shooter game.
The game is mostly set in a tropical forest, with a few levels featuring industrial backgrounds. The player is given several objectives in every mission, which are briefed in a cutscene introducing the mission. When the player takes damage, the screen will show blood splatters. When the character dies, the screen turns black and restarts from a checkpoint. As the player progresses, new checkpoints are saved automatically.
See also edit
- "Arimac launches NERO today". The Morning - Sri Lanka News. 2021-09-25. Retrieved 2021-10-01.
- Nero Cinematic Trailer I, 2021
- NERO | ලංකාවේ කොල්ලෙක්, LionKolla
- admin (2021-09-26). "Sniper Computer Game 'Nero' released". Lankaxpress. Retrieved 2021-10-01.
- "NERO – Sri Lanka's next flagship PC game is arriving in September". NewsWire. 2021-06-28. Retrieved 2021-10-01.
- "Arimac unveils 'NERO' - South Asia's biggest stealth-action shooter". Adaderana Biz English | Sri Lanka Business News. 2021-10-01. Retrieved 2021-10-01.
- "Arimac forays into global gaming stage". Sunday Observer. 2021-09-25. Retrieved 2021-10-01.
- "Arimac celebrates 10th anniversary in digital transformation". Daily News. Retrieved 2021-10-01.
- ""I done this for sri lankan upcoming PC Game "Nero". They invited to fan art competition so I created this charcter. I attached some of my works with this. Thanks for this wonderful course. I learned lot of things. Thank you so much again." [sic] A project by dinusha.oshi". Domestika. Retrieved 2021-10-01.