The Nepal Scouts (Devnagari: नेपाल स्काउट) is the national Scouting and Guiding organization of Nepal, founded in Nepal in 1952. It became a member of the World Organization of the Scout Movement in 1969 and later became a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts in 1984.
|Headquarters||Post Box no 1037|
|Location||Leknath Marg, Lainchaur, Kathmandu|
|Patron||Khadga Prasad Oli|
|Chief Commissioner||Rabin Dahal|
|National Secretary||Lok Bahadur Bhandari|
|National Organizing Commissioner||Dev Raj Ghimire|
|National Program Commissioner||Ram Prasad Bhattarai|
The organization serves 19,952 Scouts (as of 2011) and 11,962 Guides (as of 2003).
Programs focus on handicrafts, hiking, camping, nature conservation and community development. Service activities include adult literacy campaigns, food production, child vaccination and drug abuse education. Relief operations are mobilized during earthquakes, floods, landslides, fires and other natural disasters.
Under the national education system, university students pursuing the masters level are required to serve in a village for a year. These students are given an orientation that includes Scout training.
The Third National Scout Jamboree was held on May 30 to 4 June, 2018 at Kakani International Scouts Center, Nuwakot.
- Rovers/Ranger: Ages 16 to 25
- Cubs: सक्दो कोशिस गर Sakdo Kosis Gara (Do Your Best)
- Scouts: तयार होऊ Tayar Hou (Be Prepared)
- Rovers: सेवा Sewa (Service)
The membership badge of the Nepal Scouts incorporates elements of the flag of Nepal, and both the trefoil to represent the girls and the fleur-de-lis to represent the boys, as well as the founding date in both Western and Nepali calendars.
The highest rank in scout level is 'King's Badge" however, after revolution it is now the Everest Badge.
International Scouting units in NepalEdit
Nepal has active expatriate Scout groups, including the American Boy Scouts in Kathmandu, the Direct Service Pack, and Troop 900. These are sponsored by the Lincoln School and linked to the Direct Service branch of the Boy Scouts of America, which supports units around the world.
- "स्काउटमा दाहाल र भण्डारी". Rajdhani Dainik. Retrieved 2015-01-16.
- http://nepalscouts.org.np/?action=organisation&id=6. Missing or empty
- "Triennial review: Census as at 1 December 2010" (PDF). World Organization of the Scout Movement. Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 May 2012. Retrieved 2011-01-13.
- "Baden Powell Peak in Langtang region". Explore Himalaya Travel & Adventure. Archived from the original on 2008-07-26. Retrieved 2008-08-06.