Neil Piccinelli (born 4 March 1967) is an Australian former professional rugby league footballer who played in the 1980s and 1990s.
|Full name||Neil Piccinelli|
|Born||4 March 1967|
As of 7 February 2019
He played with the Illawarra Steelers, Hunter Mariners and the Newcastle Knights. Most notable was his stint with the Steelers from 1989–1996. He was named in an Illawarra 25th anniversary "Team of Steel" at second-row.
Piccinelli made his first grade debut for Illawarra against St George in Round 1 1989. In 1992, Illawarra finished 3rd on the table and qualified for its first ever finals campaign. Piccinelli played in all 3 finals games as Illawarra reached the preliminary final but fell short of a maiden grand final appearance losing to St George 4–0.
Piccinelli played with Illawarra up until the end of 1996 and then joined the Hunter Mariners for the 1997 Super League season. Piccinelli played 17 games for the club in their one and only season before they were liquidated.
In 1998, Piccinelli joined defending premiers Newcastle in the reunified NRL competition. Piccinelli's final game in first grade was the elimination final loss against Canterbury during the 1998 finals series.
- "Neil Piccinelli - Career Stats & Summary - Rugby League Project". Rugbyleagueproject.org.
- "OFFICIAL DEBUT NUMBERS". Newcastle Knights.
- "Last of the Steelers set to bring down final curtain". www.smh.com.au.
- "McCallum to get a taste of steel at luncheon". www.illawarramercury.com.au.
- Neil Piccinelli Yesterdays Hero
- Alan Whiticker & Glen Hudson (2007). The Encyclopedia of Rugby League Players. Wetherill Park, New South Wales: Gary Allen Pty Ltd. ISBN 978-1-877082-93-1.
|This Australian rugby league football biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|