Neil McCallum (actor)
|Born||20 May 1929|
Hanley, Saskatchewan, Canada
|Died||26 April 1976 (aged 46)|
|Alma mater||Guildhall School of Music and Drama|
After attending the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London, McCallum's first major appearance on stage was alongside Sam Wanamaker in The Rainmaker in the mid-1950s. He appeared in British TV series in the 1950s, 1960s and early 1970s, including The Saint, Department S and UFO, and in films such as The Siege of Pinchgut (1959) and Dr. Terror's House of Horrors (1965). He provided the voices of Dr Ray Pierce in the film Thunderbirds Are Go (1966) and an airport controller in the TV series Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons (1967). He played lead character Angelo James in the BBC TV series Vendetta (1966-68).
He was also a scriptwriter (scripting two 1964 thrillers, Do You Know this Voice? and Walk a Tightrope, among other things), producer and occasional director.
|1958||On the Run||Wesley|
|1959||The Siege of Pinchgut||Johnny Kirk|
|1959||The Devil's Disciple||Christie Dudgeon|
|1959||Jet Storm||Gil Gilbert|
|1960||Foxhole in Cairo||Sandy|
|1961||Night Without Pity||O'Brien|
|1962||The Longest Day||Canadian Doctor||Uncredited|
|1962||The War Lover||Sully|
|1964||Walk a Tightrope||Counsel|
|1965||Dr. Terror's House of Horrors||Jim Dawson||(segment "Werewolf")|
|1965||Catacombs||Richard 'Dick' Corbett|
|1966||Thunderbirds Are Go||Dr. Ray Pierce||Voice|
|1968||The Lost Continent||First Officer Hemmings|
|1969||Moon Zero Two||Space Captain|
|1971||Quest for Love||Jimmy|
- England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916-2007
- "Deaths". The Times. London, England. 28 April 1976. p. 28.
- Variety (27 July 2018). "Variety (June 1956)". New York, NY: Variety Publishing Company – via Internet Archive.
- "Neil McCallum". www.aveleyman.com.
- "UFO - The Cast Who Came Back". 27 February 2016.
- McFarlane, Brian (16 May 2016). The Encyclopedia of British Film: Fourth edition. Oxford University Press. ISBN 9781526111975 – via Google Books.
- Andrews, Julie (1 April 2008). Home: A Memoir of My Early Years. Hachette Books. ISBN 9781401395421 – via Google Books.
- "Latest wills". The Times. London, England. 25 August 1976. p. 14.
McCallum, Mr Neil John, of Thatcham, actor (intestate) ... £48,424