Neale John Lavis OAM (11 June 1930 – 6 October 2019) was an Australian equestrian and Olympic champion. He won a team gold medal in eventing at the 1960 Summer Olympics in Rome, and a silver medal in individual eventing. He also participated at the 1964 Tokyo Olympics, but did not win any medals there. He later became involved with a cattle and racehorse stud in Braidwood, which produced Just A Dash, the winner of the 1981 Melbourne Cup, and Strawberry Road, the 1982/83 Racehorse of the Year. After the Rome Olympics, he married Velma; they had four children.
|Full name||Neale John Lavis|
|Born||11 June 1930|
Murwillumbah, New South Wales, Australia
|Died||6 October 2019 (aged 89)|
Braidwood, New South Wales, Australia
- Wheatley, Bronwyn; Uytendaal, Kerry (8 October 2019). "Unforgettable: Bodalla lad who won gold". Narooma News. Retrieved 10 October 2019.
- "Neale Lavis". SR/Olympic Sports. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 27 December 2008.
- "Neale Lavis OAM". Sport Australia Hall of Fame. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- "Neale Lavis". National Museum of Australia. Retrieved 10 October 2019.
- "Lavis, Neale John". It's an Honour. Retrieved 10 October 2019.
- "Lavis, Neale: Australian Sports Medal". It's an Honour. Retrieved 10 October 2019.