Neal Dahlen is a retired American football administrator, who worked for San Francisco 49ers (1979–1996), and the Denver Broncos (1996–2003), and was General Manager of the Broncos from 1999 to January 2002.
Dahlen attended Capuchino High School in San Bruno, California. He then played quarterback at San Jose State University, where he graduated from in 1963 (and earned a master's in 1964). He then coached baseball and football at Hillsdale High School in San Mateo, as well as at the College of San Mateo.
Dahlen starting working part-time for the 49ers in 1979, and earned increasing administrative responsibilities. He moved to Denver in 1996 to become director of player personnel, and later was named general manager in 1999. Ted Sundquist replaced him in early 2002, and Dahlen became the team's director of football administration until he retired the following year.
- (January 29, 2002) Broncos name Sundquist as GM, create position for Dahlen Archived October 24, 2012, at the Wayback Machine, Associated Press, Retrieved December 2, 2010 ("The Denver Broncos hired Ted Sundquist as general manager Monday and made former GM Neal Dahlen the team's director of football administration.")
- (January 29, 2002). Broncos' GM has AFA ties/ Denver promotes alum Sundquist, The Gazette (Colorado Springs), Retrieved December 2, 2010 ("He replaces Neal Dahlen, general manager since 1999, who becomes the team's director of football administration.")
- (February 3, 2008). Rings not everything to Fleming, Deseret News, Retrieved December 2, 2010
- (August 23, 1998). Broncos' Dahlen succeeds like clockwork: Lucky 7th ring perfect fit for player-personnel guru Archived October 24, 2012, at the Wayback Machine, The Denver Post, Retrieved December 2, 2010
- (August 4, 1999). Vikings perplexed by vanishing rookie Archived November 4, 2012, at the Wayback Machine, USA Today, Retrieved December 2, 2010 ("But when it comes to NFL jewelry, [Neal] Dahlen can top anyone in the league. Dahlen has more Super Bowl rings -- seven -- than anyone in history.")
- Durkin, Jimmy (August 11, 2016). "Former San Jose State quarterback is lord of Super Bowl rings". Mercury News. San Jose, California. Archived from the original on October 25, 2016. Retrieved November 20, 2016.
Dahlen grew up in San Bruno and went to Capuchino High before going to San Jose State.
- Denver Broncos 2002 Media Guide Archived July 16, 2011, at the Wayback Machine, p.36 (2002), Retrieved December 2, 2010
- (June 17, 2003). Ringmaster Archived October 24, 2012, at the Wayback Machine, San Mateo County Times, Retrieved December 2, 2010
- (March 6, 1996). PERSONNEL EXPERT LEAVES 49ERS TO JOIN BRONCO Archived October 24, 2012, at the Wayback Machine, Rocky Mountain News, Retrieved December 2, 1996