Arthur Neal Aiston
27 December 1909
|Died||4 June 2014 (aged 104)|
|Occupation||Actor, policeman, playwright, songwriter|
In 1928, Arden moved to Southern Rhodesia and served in the British South Africa Police (BSAP). Two years later, he returned to Great Britain to pursue an acting career. His screen debut came in the 1934 film version of Princess Charming. Other films include "Pimpernel" Smith, John Wesley and The Shakedown. He also worked in television, appearing in series like Ivanhoe and Z-Cars. Arden's most notable role was on the BBC radio show Housewives' Choice, as a host for 20 years from 1946. His last acting credit came in 1977.
|1934||Princess Charming||Minor Role||Uncredited|
|1935||The Public Life of Henry the Ninth||Minor Role||Uncredited|
|1936||Nothing Like Publicity|
|1938||Life of St. Paul||Paul|
|1939||The Four Just Men||Uncredited|
|1941||"Pimpernel" Smith||Second Prisoner|
|1942||The Young Mr. Pitt||Minor Role||Uncredited|
|1949||Train of Events||The Compere||(segment "The Composer")|
|1953||The Straw Man||O'Brien|
|1954||John Wesley||William Holland|
|1954||Souls in Conflict||Frank|
|1958||The Man Who Wouldn't Talk||Uncredited|
|1959||The Giant Behemoth||TV Newscaster||Uncredited|
|1960||The Shakedown||Harry Bowers|
|1961||The Frightened City||Head Waiter-Taboo Club|
|1964||The Third Secret||Mr. Morgan|
|1964||Night Train to Paris||Insp. Escalier|
|1969||The Assassination Bureau||'La Belle Amie' Client||Uncredited|
|1969||The Best House in London||Dr. Livingstone|
- Maxford, Howard (8 November 2019). Hammer Complete: The Films, the Personnel, the Company. McFarland. ISBN 9781476629148 – via Google Books.
- "Neal Arden". BFI.
- "Neal Arden | Movies and Filmography". AllMovie.
- "Celebrating Neal Arden". BSAP.com. September 2012. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- "Neal Arden" – via www.thetimes.co.uk.
- "And for my next record..." MQ Magazine. April 2004. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- A Man of Many Parts. 27 June 2005. ASIN 0755201809.CS1 maint: ASIN uses ISBN (link)
- "Neal Arden - obituary". The Daily Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group. 31 July 2014. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
|This article about a British actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|