Naza Automotive Manufacturing
Naza Automotive Manufacturing Sdn Bhd (NAM) is a Malaysian automobile manufacturer. It is headquartered in Gurun, Kedah. The company was established in 2002 and by 2003, the construction of Naza Group of Companies own manufacturing plant commenced. The manufacturing plant was built on a 140-acre parcel of land comprises an assembly plant, two-storey office, a test track, lots for vendors and suppliers, staff accommodation and recreation facilities.
|Products||Car, Automotive Parts|
Number of employees
|Less than 400|
|Parent||Naza Group of Companies 44% Groupe PSA 56%|
History and MilestoneEdit
- Sept 2002: Ground Breaking Ceremony in Gurun, Kedah
- April 2003: Construction NAM Plant in Gurun begins
- May 2004: NAM commences operations in Gurun, Kedah
- Aug 2004: Start of production for the Naza Ria
- Dec 2004: Start of production for the Naza Citra
- May 2005: NAM is certified ISO 9001:200
- Nov 2005: Start of production for the Kia Spectra
- May 2006: Launch of the Naza 206 Bestari
- July 2008: Launch of the Peugeot 407
- Sept 2008: Start of production for the Kia Pregio
- Jan 2009: Launch of the Peugeot 308
- Oct 2009: Launch of the Kia Picanto
- Nov 2009: Launch of the Kia Forte
- Nov 2009: NAM is certified ISO 14001
- Nov 2010: Launch of the Peugeot 207
- March 2011: Launch of the Forte 6-Speed
- Sept 2011: Production of 150,000th vehicle
- Feb 2018 : Gurun plant sold to PSA Group
Naza Auto Manufacturing (NAM) currently assembles Kia, Peugeot and Citroën vehicles for the Malaysian market. The plant had previously assembled Naza-badged models from Hafei, Kia and Peugeot.
Citroën / DSEdit
- "Nasim aims to sell 30 units of Peugeot 208 GTi per month". Malaysia Chronicle. 11 October 2013.
- "Monthly Production by Maker/Brand in Malaysia". marklines.com. 12 February 2017. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "NAZA AUTOMOTIVE MANUFACTURING PRODUCES 150,000th VEHICLE". nam.com.my. 22 September 2011. Archived from the original on 10 February 2017. Retrieved 10 February 2017.
- "Naza Automotive Manufacturing - Past". nam.com.my. 10 February 2017. Archived from the original on 10 February 2017. Retrieved 10 February 2017.