Some navel fetishists find physical acts involving the navel to be turn-ons. Physical acts can include licking the navel with the tongue or rubbing body lotion or suntan oil. Some fetishists get a turn-on from pouring drops of champagne, honey, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, etc., into and around the navel and then licking or sucking it up. Similarly, licking or rolling the tongue into the navel while underwater can produce erotic sensations. An ice cube when rubbed over or rested over the navel can produce erotic sensations.
The navel is an erogenous zone with a heightened sensitivity. The navel and the region below when touched by the finger or the tip of the tongue result in the production of erotic sensations, and some people are very ticklish to touch in that area. Some people can be aroused by tickling, lickling, blowing raspberries/zerberts (blowing air with lips), and teasing with a feather, flower or a piece of grass, especially when the person is ticklish in the navel. Fingering the navel is also a common act.
Some prefer to perform navel torture, a series of pain-inflicting acts such as sucking or pulling the navel out (often with a syringe), dripping hot oil or wax into the navel, poking pins into the navel, and stabbing the navel.
Viewing and fantasizing activityEdit
Some navel fetishists can be aroused by viewing a navel. In the case of a heterosexual man, women in bikini is one such example. Also women dressed in low-rise clothing like jeans, shorts etc., that reveals the navel is also considered sexually arousing. Indian journalist Bachi Karkaria once commented, "The navel is an erogenous zone. This is the reason why its exposure is always in fashion. Women have flashed it through the ages because men are turned on by it. It is shown because it wants to be seen".
Videos featuring above said physical acts are very common and are viewed worldwide. Their popularity has become more compared to regular porn videos. Fetish model Wonderhussy stated in her blog that she had performed in belly button fetish videos in which she laid back and played with her belly button, poking her finger in it and stretching it out. Other models such as Elan kane, Indica etc., have also featured in similar videos.
Belly dancers often have navel piercings or insert sequins into their navels to make it look attractive when they perform. Not only them, many young everyday women also have them to add a charm to their navels. Such decorations also arouse when seen.
Sometimes just the thought of the navel is enough to stimulate. Some navel fetishists sexually fantasize about the above physical acts on a person's navel to attain sexual pleasure. The Samoan tribe people find the sight of the navel sexually arousing.
Sometimes literary works focusing on navels or which sexually symbolize navels can also act as stimuli to navel fetishists. One such work is Navel Revue by author Jay Hahn-Lonne which is an autobiographical study of a man's obsession with navels. In the Song of Songs, a book in the Hebrew Bible, there are allusions to exotic things in nature, with frequent interweaving of nature with erotic imagery. In Solomon's lavish praise of his love – the country girl, Sulaimi – the navel is mentioned as follows: "thy navel is like a round goblet, which wanteth not liquor: thy belly is like a heap of wheat set about with lilies." (7:2).
American poet May Swenson in her poem "Little Lion Face" wrote, "Now I'm bold to touch your swollen neck, put careful lips to slick petals, snuff up gold pollen in your navel cup." and poem "August Night" wrote, "Your navel a little pool in pulsing tide an aura round your knees".
Czech-born writer Milan Kundera in his 2015 book The Festival of Insignificance conveys about the eroticism of exposed female navels. Alain, one of the characters in the book, observes to his friend how most of the young women in Paris wear T-shirts or blouses that expose their midriffs, displaying their navels for all to see. The navel has become, in effect, the new locus of desire.
Robert W. Service in his short poem "Navels" wrote, "Men have navels more or less;....Woman's is a pearly ring,....So dear ladies, recognise The dimpling of your waist Has approval in my eyes,Favour in my taste......How a rosebud navel would Be sweet to kiss!" In Ancient Indian Sanskrit literature, writers like Adi Shankara, Kālidāsa etc., have symbolized and referred to the navel while describing the beauty of Hindu Goddesses.
During 1970, a short lived "Belly Button Magazine" having only two issues recovered by The Kinsey Institute had descriptions of penetrative belly button intercourse and sexual images of physical acts towards belly buttons. In 2011, MTJ Publishing which publishes adult comics released a bellybutton focused series, "Navel Maneuvers 1: Bellybutton-Tickling Erotica" In 2014, a Kindle erotica eBook titled "Bellybutton Fetish: Erotic and naughty stories for bellybutton lovers" was published online through Amazon Digital Services, Inc. In the same year, MTJ Publishing released a second edition of the Navel Maneuvers series.
Connections to other fetishesEdit
Navel fetishism often co-exists with stomach fetishism or alvinolagnia. Navel fetishism may co-exist with sadomasochism since some navel fetishists prefer to perform or receive navel torture. Some prefer to engage in physical intercourse, which is commonly linked to weight-related stomach fetishes like BBW, feederism, and belly expansion.
Prevalence on the InternetEdit
During the late nineties, there was a small but thriving online group of belly button fetish sites. These sites were maintained by individuals and usually hosted on third-party forum sites like ProBoards or InsideTheWeb. Each forum catered to a unique variation on the fetish, but were mostly the same in that they had individual boards for celebrity photos, candids, erotica, and personal stories. As the internet outgrew forums in favor of social networks and corporate porn sites, these sites began shutting down one by one. Subsequently, the site The Original Bellybutton Forum (OBF) became popular but got shut down due to admin-related problems. It reconvened with the name BellyLove but met the same as OBF.
The following are some celebrities who have a fixation for navels.
- Renowned singer Madonna in an interview for the May 1985 edition of Spin had said, "My favorite button is my belly button. I have the most perfect belly button: an inny, and there's no lint in it. When I stick my finger in my belly button, I feel a nerve in the center of my body shoot up my spine. If 100 belly buttons were lined up against a wall, I could definitely pick out which one is mine." Displaying her bare navel during performances became her trademark.
- American actor Sal Mineo had a fetish for navels. His partner Courtney Burr had once commented in an interview that he came to know about Sal Mineo's navel fetish. In the book Sal Mineo: A Biography, author Michael Gregg Michaud wrote, "Sal had an insatiable sex appetite. We were physically opposite," Courtney explained, "but we were completely compatible sexually. We'd go at it for the longest time, take a 20-minute break, and do it again. When we had the chance, we'd do it all day. I discovered his fetish for navels. He loved mine. And he had a strange recurring dream that he was being chased and then stabbed in the navel."
- British actress Billie Piper stated that her bellybutton is one of her favorite erogenous zones. In an interview for the June 2000 edition of Maxim, she is quoted as saying, "My bellybutton is also very sensitive and ticklish, which is quite a turn-on too."
- American actress Rebecca Romijn stated her bellybutton was ticklish in the popular TV show The Tonight Show with Jay Leno during 1999. She was quoted as saying, "Yeah, actually it tickles a lot on my belly button. That is all I am saying. It tickles around my belly button. It did."
- British actress Keira Knightley claimed that her navel piercing won her a role in the film Love Actually since its director Richard Curtis was obsessed with her navel. She once commented in an interview, "My mum always wanted it to be my little secret, but it's become a bit of a trademark. Apparently Richard Curtis fell in love with it when he saw BEND IT LIKE BECKHAM. That's how I got to be in his film Love Actually. So when my character got married in Love Actually the wedding dress was designed to expose my bellybutton."
- Geordie Shore star Gary 'Gaz' Beadle's girlfriend Lillie Gregg in an interview said, "Gary's so sweet, considerate and really patient. Oh, and I love his bellybutton."
- Lisa Donahue, the winner of Big Brother 3 (U.S.) had once commented in the show, "I can orgasm just from my navel being touched the right way" and later in an interview had said, "Many ask if I can really orgasm with my navel..well, no I can't....I just really like my navel played with!!".
- Chilean writer Isabel Allende in a chapter on eggs on one of her books had said, "I like a raw egg served on my lover's navel, with chopped onions, salt, pepper, lemon and a drop of Tobasco".
- Bollywood yesteryear actress Rati Agnihotri has mentioned in a couple of interviews that the "top spinning on the navel" scene from her 1981 Hindi film Ek Duuje Ke Liye was one of her most memorable filming moments. In an interview she stated, "I remember hot rocks, my concave belly and that shot of Kamal spinning the top on my belly. It was so ticklish that I would squeal and squirm, and nearly ruin the shot!".
- Telugu movie director Raghavendra Rao has a huge fetish for the navel since his movies always have guaranteed navel show of the heroines. He used to include the navel of the heroine in every possible frame and exploit it in song sequences such as dropping of water, flowers, fruits, ice cubes etc., on the navel. Legendary Telugu actor and director Dasari Narayana Rao had once commented, "When you see a heroine slightly removing her pallu to show her inside assets, you don't feel ashamed of it because of the artistic way in which Ragahvendra Rao projects it on the screen. Especially heroines' navels look most beautiful in his movies".
American TV personality Maria Menounos said on The Howard Stern Show on June 11, 2012 that she had been sexually abused by multiple doctors during medical examinations and specified about a male gynecologist who had touched her belly button after commenting on how "hot" her belly button piercing was. She had said that she did not want to press charges and make the situation worse.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Navel fetishism.|
- Aggrawal, Anil (2009). Forensic and medico-legal aspects of sexual crimes and unusual sexual practices. Boca Raton, Florida: CRC Press. p. 121. ISBN 1420043099. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- Katie Tandy. "Touch Me There!: The World Of Belly Button Worship". Ravishly. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "Beyond The Foot: A Look At Some Of The Most Unusual Sexual Fetishes". lehmiller.com. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- "Prevalence of Fetishes". Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- The Quick-Reference Guide to Sexuality & Relationship Counseling. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Navel Fetishism". Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Fetishism: Navel, navel fetish, navel torture". Archived from the original on 19 January 2011. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- The Disappearance of the Universe - Gary R. Renard - Chapter 14 - Better Than Sex.
- Jesse Bering. "Partial for Protuberant: The Man Who Was Into "Outies"". Scientific American. Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- Heilbrunn, G. (1975). "On the Erotization of the Umbilicus". The Psychoanalytic Quarterly. 44: 269–73. Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- C Scorolli; S Ghirlanda; M Enquist; S Zattoni; E A Jannini (February 15, 2007). "Relative prevalence of different fetishes". International Journal of Impotence Research. 19: 432–437. doi:10.1038/sj.ijir.3901547. PMID 17304204. Retrieved 26 July 2015.
- Lola Page. "The Most Popular Fetishes on Google Search". kinklovers.com. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- drmarkgriffiths. "Called up for navel duty: A beginner's guide to alvinophilia". Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- Alina B. "Belly Button Fetish and Arousal". tryhealthier.com. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- Tracey. "Her Belly Button". thepassionatewife.com. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- The Passionate Wife. "The Secret Sexual Powers Of Your Belly Button". mytinysecrets.com. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- "Belly Button Fetish". Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "Breasts, toes and belly buttons What's your man's fetish?". Jamaica Observer. November 24, 2008. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- The Rules of Love. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Who's who in the bedroom: Andrew Wilson explains everything you wanted to know about sex gurus, but were afraid to ask". The Independent. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- Alexia LaFata (July 20, 2015). "Erogenous Zones: 12 Unexpected Body Parts That Can Give You Pleasure". Elite Daily. Retrieved 26 July 2015.
- "Six Surprise Sexy Spots". WebMD.com. Retrieved 26 July 2015.
- "Kissing secrets to build passion". Times of India. Jun 6, 2009. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- Meenu Bahuguna. "12 Surprising and Unique Uses for Ice Cubes". BollywoodShaadis.com. Archived from the original on 8 May 2013. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- Tyagi, Pallavi (Jul 31, 2012). "Most pleasurable moan zones!". Times of India. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- A celebration of sex - Douglas E. Rosenau - Chapter 3 - Your Erogenous Zones.
- Touch Me There!: A Hands-On Guide to Your Orgasmic Hot Spots - Yvonne K. Fulbright.
- Victoria Zdrok (2008). Dr. Z on Scoring: How to Pick Up, Seduce and Hook Up with Hot Women. Simon and Schuster. p. 368. ISBN 9781416551553.
- "Tickle Fetish for Kink Lovers". kinklovers.com. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- The Happy Hooker's Guide to Sex. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- The Anatomy of Pleasure - Victoria Zdrok - Chapter 11: The Stomach and Navel.
- Four Years Old in an Urban Community. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "My innie navel becomes an outie!". bme.com. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- drmarkgriffiths. "Candle with care: A beginner's guide to wax play". drmarkgriffiths.wordpress.com. Retrieved 1 August 2015.
- "10 Strange Fetishes Tame Enough For YouTube". BuzzFeed. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- The Quick-Reference Guide to Sexuality & Relationship Counseling. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Embarrassed to tell my boyfriend what turns me on". Cosmopolitan, Volume 208. 1990. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- Lisa Jewell; Fay Weldon; Jane Shilling; Tamasin Day-Lewis (December 6, 2014). "Body language: 'I was proud to have such an attractive innie'". The Telegraph. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- "navel fetish". Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- The Curious Case Of The Belly Button (22 September 2015). "The Curious Case Of The Belly Button". Yahoo! News. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- Corner, Natalie (March 7, 2016). "Prostitute claims a Turkish man could kill his wife after trying to have sex through the belly button". The Mirror. Retrieved 18 June 2016.
- Jess Commons (9 March 2016). "Belly Button Sex and Escaped ISIS Sex Slaves: Stacey Dooley on What Sex is Like in Turkey". The Debrief. Retrieved 18 June 2016.
- What Guys See That Girls Don't. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- Bachi Karkaria (May 25, 2011). "Giving Gyan". Mumbai Mirror. Archived from the original on 29 January 2013. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- Vegans Are Tastier. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Navel Fetishism, Is It Porn?". Is It Porn?. Asylum.com. Archived from the original on 2 March 2012. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- wonderhussy. "The Girl's Guide to Being A Fetish Model". wonderhussy.com. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "Elan Kane". elankane.tumblr.com. Archived from the original on 13 March 2015. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "Indica". modelmayhem.com. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- Tanvi Trivedi (Sep 24, 2011). "Time for some novelty in body piercing". Times of India. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- "Confessions of a Navel Fetishist". Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- Sex. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- Cultural variations on sex Archived 2013-05-11 at the Wayback Machine.
- Pornography and Sexual Representation. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Song of Solomon". Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- The Erotic Motive in Literature. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- In Celebration of Love, Marriage, and Sex. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Little Lion Face by May Swenson". Poets.org. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- May Swenson (2003). Complete Love Poems May Swenson. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. p. 146. ISBN 061834084X.
- Leyla Sanai (20 June 2015). "The Festival of Insignificance, by Milan Kundera: charming in so many ways it's easy to forgive him for the flawed female characters". Independent. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- Darryl Accone (2 Oct 2015). "Milan Kundera turns to navel gazing". Mail & Guardian. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- Walia, Shelley (July 24, 2015). "A bearable lightness". The Hindu. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- Ted Weesner. "'The Festival of Insignificance' by Milan Kundera". Boston Globe. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- Sampath, G. (January 2, 2016). "In Kundera's company in the new year". The Hindu. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- "Milan Kundera and the Art of the Navel". Open Magazine. Retrieved 2017-06-11.
- "Navels by Robert William Service". poemhunter.com. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- "Navels by Robert William Service". short-quotes-and-poems.com. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- "Navels by Robert William Service". Canadian Poems. Poems&Poets.net. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- The Hidden Mysteries of Kundalini. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- Samantha Allen. "Unfit to Print: A Textual History of Sexual Fetishism in the 20th Century" (PDF). kinseyinstitute.org. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 June 2014. Retrieved 7 February 2015.
- Samantha Allen. "The Kinsey Institute's Holdings on Sexual Fetishism: An Annotated Bibliography" (PDF). kinseyinstitute.org. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 June 2014. Retrieved 7 February 2015.
- "Navel Maneuvers 1: Bellybutton-Tickling Erotica". mtjpub.com. MTJ. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Bellybutton Fetish: Erotic and naughty stories for bellybutton lovers [Kindle Edition]". Amazon.com. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Bellybutton Fetish: Erotic and naughty stories for bellybutton lovers[Book]". appannie.com. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Bellybutton Fetish: Erotic and naughty stories for bellybutton lovers". goodreads.com. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Navel Maneuvers 2: Bellybutton-Tickling Erotica". mtjpub.com. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- Viren Swami, Adrian Furnham (2008). The Psychology of Physical Attraction. Indiana University: Routledge. p. 134. ISBN 0415422507.
- Sisi Wendy. "10 common sexual fetishes". The Cable. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- Jamie Lauren Keiles. "The Ins and Outies of the Belly Button Fetish Community". broadly.vice.com. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- SPIN. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- Confessions Of A Madonna - May 1985 Archived 2012-07-08 at Archive.today.
- Pareles, Jon (October 23, 1994). "Pop Music – Madonna's Return To Innocence". Retrieved August 27, 2017.
- "The Twinkie Defense: An Interview With Courtney Burr". Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- Labonte, Richard (January 5, 2011). "Book Marks: Sal Mineao, Caesar's Fall, and more". PrideSource.com. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- Michael Gregg Michaud (2010). Sal Mineo: A Biography. Harmony. p. 384. ISBN 9780307718686.
- "Maxim Jun 2000". BilliePiperOnline. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- "02-12-1999: The Tonight Show with Jay Leno". Rebecca Fan Page. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- Christa D'Souza (25 Jul 2003). "Not just a pouty face". The Telegraph. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- "Knightley's Bellybutton Success". walkingindaydreams.com. Archived from the original on 19 May 2011. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- "Keira Knightley - Belly Button Piercing Swings It For Keira". contactmusic.com. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- "Gary 'Gaz' Beadle's girlfriend loves his navel". Xpose.ie. 3 May 2015. Retrieved 4 May 2015.
- "ATTWX's Big Brother 3". Archived from the original on 24 July 2013. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "Lisa Donahue Chat Transcript". Joker's Updates. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- Isabel Allende. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- Erotic Foods. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- Roshmila Bhattacharya (24 January 2013). "Rati Agnihotri on her first hit-Ek Duuje Ke Liye". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 1 August 2015.
- Rajiv Vijaykar. "Timeless LOVE" (PDF). prasadgroup.com. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
- "Rati Agnihotri". Cineplot.com. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
- "Telugu Directors and their Fetishes". wirally.com. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- Priyanka Pulla (September 2005). "Allari Bullodu Review". fullyhyd.com.
- Jhummandi Naadam Archived 2012-04-26 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Andhracafe.com". Archived from the original on 16 April 2015. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- Celebrities – K. Raghavendra Rao Archived 2012-11-22 at the Wayback Machine.
- "K. Raghavendra Rao". www.rottentomatoes.com.
- "Raghavendra Rao- Even a book cant say fully about him and his work". Time Pass. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "'Jhummandi Naadam' Review: Old Concoction". greatandhra.com. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- Sneha's navel shown in all possible ways!
- "'Navel-Specialist' Worked On Sneha's Navel". greatandhra.com. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- Ramchander. "Jhummandi Naadam – Movie Review". Filmibeat.com. Retrieved 26 May 2017.
- "Dasari speaks about heroine". movies.sulekha.com. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Dasari praises Raghavendra Rao's Navel show".
- ssi-5. "Dasari speaks about heroine's 'Navel'". CineJosh. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Maria Menounos, Sexual Abuse: 'Extra' Host Says She Was Molested By Her Doctor". The Huffington Post. June 11, 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2013.
- Larkin, Mike (11 June 2012). "'I was molested': Extra host Maria Menounos reveals doctor abused her during check-up". Daily Mail. Retrieved 11 August 2013.
- Everett, Cristina Everett; Chen, Joyce (June 11, 2012). "Maria Menounos reveals she's been sexually abused by multiple doctors during examinations". Retrieved 11 August 2013.