Nava Nalanda High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Nava Nalanda High School is a co-educational institution in South Kolkata, India, affiliated to the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education for Madhyamik Pariksha (10th Board exams), and to the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education for Uchcho Madhyamik Pariksha (12th Board exams).It was founded on 1st February 1967 by Bharati Mitra & Arya Mitra.
|Nava Nalanda High School|
25, Southern Avenue
|School type||Co educational English Medium School|
|Motto||Mission Education, Vision Values|
|Founder||Arya Mitra and Bharati Mitra|
|School code||A3-066 (WBBSE) & 101324 (WBCHSE)|
|Rector||Mr. Arya Mitra|
|Principal||Mr. Arijit Mitra|
|Grades||Nursery – I to Class XII|
|Age range||03 to 18|
|Average class size||30|
|Colour(s)||White, grey and red|
Nava Nalanda is a reputed coeducational school, with all the advanced classroom facilities. It was formerly known as Nava Nalanda Group of Schools as the number of branches of the school were quite large.
Recently, the principal of the school, Mr. Arijit Mitra has founded a new building called Nalanda Bhaban which is a reconstruction of the old and the very first one at 25,Southern Avenue. The building consists of classes 7 to 10. Classes for Pre-nursery, nursery and primary are held in three different branches, all present at Lake Gardens. The higher secondary department is located at 55,Purna Das Road. The school also has a branch at Santiniketan.
Nabo Robi KironEdit
The school has an excellent connection with cultural activities. Nava Nalanda is the only one in Kolkata to conduct frequent cultural shows based on extra curricular activities like singing, dancing etc. It has recently opened a studio named NRK STUDIO at Bowali Mondal Road for the beginner singers to pursue higher level in their career. Eminent singers like Gourab Sarkar, Sispiya Banerjee, Arena Mukherjee, Iman Chakraborty, Sagnik Sen are connected with the school. The school also has an YouTube channel name Nabo Robi Kiran where live shows of different singers are conducted regularly.
Nava Nalanda High School has won the CAB Mayor's Cup Cricket (U-15) in 2018 as well as 2019. The School scored 844 runs in 45 overs against Gyan Bharati Vidyalaya, on 22 February 2016, to set a record score for a Cricket Association of Bengal school cricket tournament. They won the match by a record 812 runs.
- "Visionary who made a dream come true". The Times of India. 24 July 2012. Retrieved 27 January 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Nava Nalanda High School, Kolkata creates record in inter-school cricket". Sportskeeda. 22 February 2016. Retrieved 22 January 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Nav Nalanda High School beats Gyan Bharati Vidhyapith by 812 runs". CricTracker. 23 February 2016. Retrieved 24 January 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Prospectus". Nava Nalanda High School. 6 April 2018. Retrieved 24 January 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Kolkata girl nominated for global sci-fi award". The Times of India. 6 April 2018. Retrieved 24 January 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)