The National Propane Gas Association (NPGA) is a U.S. trade organization representing the 3,500 companies in the propane industry. NPGA provides training standards for energy industry professionals, and it has compiled studies safety incidents relating to the transportation, distribution and usage of this fuel.
|Formation||1931 (as National Bottled Gas Association)|
Lisle, Illinois, U.S.
|Founders||H. Emerson Thomas|
|Headquarters||Washington, D.C., U.S.|
NPGA was originally based in Lisle, Illinois, but relocated its headquarters to Washington, D.C., in 2002. The association also operates PropanePAC, a political action committee, and it hosts trade conferences for the propane industry.
The association has in recent years advocated for the growth of the cannabis industry, highlighting the fact that a large cannabis operation can use tens of thousands of gallons of propane per year.
- “'Weaponizable' Gas for Your Backyard Barbecue,” Washington Post, May 22, 2007
- “Safety in numbers,” LPGas Magazine, August 1, 2006 (library card access required)
- “NPGA debates move to Washington DC,” LPG World, January 10, 2002 (library card access required)
- “PropanePAC Backs GOP Legislators,” LPGas Magazine, January 1, 2001[permanent dead link]
- “The 56th annual southeastern show,” LPGas Magazine, January 1, 2006 (library card access required)
- Brian Richesson (March 8, 2022). "Panel says cannabis market ripe for development".