The National Prize for Sciences (Spanish: Premio Nacional de Ciencias) was an award that was part of the National Prize of Chile until 1992. It was created by law 16746, promulgated on 24 January 1968, and published in the Official Journal on 14 February of the same year. This made the National Commission for Scientific and Technological Research (CONICYT) an autonomous body with legal personhood.
|National Prize for Sciences|
|Part of the National Prize of Chile|
This prize was granted to the Chilean scientist or team of scientists whose work in the field of pure or applied sciences was entitled to such distinction (per Article 2 of Law 16746). Initially it was granted annually, being modified by Law 17595 of 1972, which ordered that it would be given every two years.
- 1969, Alejandro Lipschutz (biology)
- 1970, Herbert Appel (chemistry)
- 1971, Ricardo Donoso Novoa (history)
- 1973, Alfonso Asenjo Gómez (medicine)
- 1975, Joaquín Luco Valenzuela (biology)
- 1977, Jorge Mardones Restart (pharmacology)
- 1979, Héctor Croxatto (biology)
- 1981, Igor Saavedra Gatica (physics)
- 1983, Hermann Niemeyer (biochemistry)
- 1985, Luis Vargas Fernández (physiology)
- 1987, Danko Brncic (genetics)
- 1989, Gustavo Höeker Salas (immunology)
- 1991, Enrique Tirapegui Zurbano (physics)
- "Ley 16746: Crea Premio Nacional de Ciencia" [Law 16746: Creates National Prize for Science] (in Spanish). Ministry of Education. 14 February 1968. Retrieved 8 December 2017 – via Library of the National Congress of Chile.
- "Ley 17595: Establece normas para otorgar los Premios Nacionales que indica" [Law 17595: Establishes Rules to Grant the National Prizes Indicated] (in Spanish). Ministry of Education. 8 January 1972. Retrieved 8 December 2017 – via Library of the National Congress of Chile.
- "Ley 19169: Establece normas sobre otorgamiento de Premios Nacionales" [Law 19169: Establishes Rules on Granting National Prizes] (in Spanish). Ministry of Education. 26 September 1992. Retrieved 8 December 2017 – via Library of the National Congress of Chile.
- "Murió el Premio Nacional de Ciencias Héctor Croxatto" [Héctor Croxatto the National Prize for Sciences Winner Dies]. El Mercurio (in Spanish). 29 September 2010. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- Aste, Fiorella (8 October 2016). "Fallece Igor Saavedra, Premio Nacional de Ciencias" [Igor Saavedra Dies, National Prize for Sciences]. La Tercera (in Spanish). Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- "Hermann Niemeyer Fernández" (in Spanish). University of Chile. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- "Perfil académico del Dr. Danko Brncic Juricic, médico veterinario, premio Nacional de Ciencias 1987" [Academic Profile of Dr. Danko Brncic Juricic, Veterinary Doctor, 1987 National Prize for Sciences]. Avances en ciencias veterinarias (in Spanish). 3 (1): 9–11. 1988. Retrieved 11 December 2017.