National Monuments of Colombia
The National Monuments of Colombia (Spanish: Monumentos Nacionales de Colombia) are the set of properties, nature reserves, archaeological sites, historic districts, urban areas and property that, for values of authenticity, originality, aesthetics, and artistic techniques, are representative of Colombia and constitute core elements of its history and culture. The cultural heritage of Colombia includes material and immaterial assets "which are an expression of the Colombian nationality", in accordance with Law No. 1185 (2008). As of December 2011, 1079 National Monuments have been declared. A further sixteen candidate sites have been identified for future declaration.
The regulation, management, and safeguarding of tangible and intangible cultural heritage of the nation is under the control of the Ministry of Culture through the National Heritage Council.
For the complete list of national monuments, see List of National Monuments of Colombia.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National monuments in Colombia.|
- Ley 163 de 1959
- "Patrimonio Cultural de la Nación" [Cultural heritage of the nation] (in Spanish). Ministry of Culture. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "Law 1185 of 2008" (PDF). UNESCO. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
- "Bienes de Interés Cultural del Ámbito Nacional" [Cultural Properties at a National Level] (in Spanish). Ministry of Culture. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "Lista indicativa de Candidatos a Bienes de Interés Cultural en el ambito Nacional" [Indicative list of candidate Cultural Properties at a National Level] (in Spanish). Ministry of Culture. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- (in Spanish) Patrimonio Cultural de la Nación