List of heritage registers
This list is of heritage registers, inventories of cultural properties, natural and man-made, tangible and intangible, movable and immovable, that are deemed to be of sufficient heritage value to be separately identified and recorded. In many instances the pages linked below have as their primary focus the registered assets rather than the registers themselves. Where a particular article or set of articles on a foreign-language Wikipedia provides fuller coverage, a link is provided.
- Australian National Heritage List
- Commonwealth National Heritage List
- Register of the National Estate
- Queensland Heritage Register
- South Australian Heritage Register
- State Register of Heritage Places (Western Australia)
Bosnia and HerzegovinaEdit
Brazil: List of National Historic Heritage of Brazil, as maintained by the National Institute of Historic and Artistic Heritage; (in Portuguese) Listas de patrimônio do Brasil
- Canada The Canadian Register of Historic Places, while it confers no historic designation or protection itself, endeavours to list all federal, provincial, territorial and local sites.
- Sites owned and run by the provincial government as a functioning historic site or museum are known as Provincial Historic Sites and Provincial Historic Areas. Buildings and sites owned by private citizens and companies or other levels or branches of government may gain one of two levels of historic designation, "Registered Historic Resource" or "Provincial Historic Resource". Historic designation in Alberta is governed by the Historic Resources Act. The province also lists buildings deemed historically significant by municipal governments on the Alberta Register of Historic Places, which is also part of the larger Canadian Register of Historic Places although this does not imply provincial or federal government status or protection. The Alberta Main Street Program helps to preserve historic buildings in the downtowns of smaller communities. The Heritage Survey Program is a survey of 80,000 historic buildings in Alberta, with no protective status.
- New Brunswick
- Heritage Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador designated properties
- Properties designated under the Ontario Heritage Act
China: Major Historical and Cultural Site Protected at the National Level (全国重点文物保护单位), designated by State Administration of Cultural Heritage
Sites Protected at the City Level of Hangzhou are districts, artifacts or buildings legally declared to be "protected". According to the "Regularations of historic districts and historic buildings in Hangzhou" effectivated from 1 January 2005, historic buildings are those artifacts or districts that have lasted more than 50 years, and of significant values for history, science, and art study. In Hangzhou, declaring a historic house requires consulting the urban planning administration bureau, and the real estate administration bureau.
As of 31 June 2011, there are 287 declared historic houses in Hangzhou, proclaimed as 5 batches. In the near future, it is going to issue the sixth batch which includes 51 historic houses.
- List of first batch of declared historic buildings in Hangzhou
- List of second batch of declared historic buildings in Hangzhou
- List of third batch of declared historic buildings in Hangzhou
- List of fourth batch of declared historic buildings in Hangzhou
- List of fifth batch of declared historic buildings in Hangzhou
- Harbin Urban and Rural Planning Bureau
- Czech: (in Czech) Seznam národních kulturních památek České republiky, (in German) Liste der Nationalen Kulturdenkmale Tschechiens, as featuring on MonumNet
- Estonia: National Registry of Cultural Monuments. It is maintained by the National Heritage Board of Estonia.
It has been described as one of the most successful and more complete heritage registers.
- Germany: The Deutsche Stiftung Denkmalschutz is an organization which facilitates public awareness and protection of heritage sites listed. These lists are kept on the website denkmalliste.org, which has all German heritage registers ("Denkmallisten") gathered together in one portal.
- Hungary:The Forster Gyula Nemzeti Örökségvédelmi és Vagyongazdálkodási Központ was an organization which facilitates public awareness and protection of heritage sites listed up to 2016.12.31. (There are partial list from 8 county of Hungary). From 2017.01.01. the cultural heritage management is in the competence the Prime Minister’s Office and the Hungarian Academy of Arts.
- Műemlékem is a non official list maintained by a non-governmental organization.
Ireland: In the Republic of Ireland, some registers are maintained by sections of the Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht (The National Monuments Service and National Inventory of Architectural Heritage). Others are maintained by the "planning authority": the local council for the county, city, borough, or town where the monument or building is sited.
|National Monument||"a monument or the remains of a monument the preservation of which is a matter of national importance by reason of the historical, architectural, traditional, artistic, or archaeological interest attaching thereto"||Owned or managed by the National Monuments Service. The Service's own list of monuments is not definitive.|
|National Inventory of Architectural Heritage||"all—
(a) structures and buildings together with their settings and attendant grounds, fixtures and fittings,
(b) groups of such structures and buildings, and
which are of architectural, historical, archaeological, artistic, cultural, scientific, social or technical interest"
|National Inventory of Architectural Heritage. The NIAH's survey is not yet complete.|
|protected structure||"structures, or parts of structures, which form part of the architectural heritage and which are of special architectural, historical, archaeological, artistic, cultural, scientific, social or technical interest"||Relevant planning authority maintains a list as part of its development plan.|
|architectural conservation area||"a place, area, group of structures or townscape, taking account of building lines and heights, that—
(a) is of special architectural, historical, archaeological, artistic, cultural, scientific, social or technical interest or value, or
(b) contributes to the appreciation of protected structures"
|special planning control area||"an architectural conservation area [...] of special importance to, or as respects, the civic life or the architectural, historical, cultural or social character of a city or town in which it is situated"||Planning authority|
|area of special amenity||"by reason of—
(a) its outstanding natural beauty, or
(b) its special recreational value,
and having regard to any benefits for nature conservation"
|Database of Historic Gardens and Designed Landscapes||Gardens marked on the first- or second-edition (1850–95) maps of the Ordnance Survey of Ireland.||National Inventory of Architectural Heritage|
- "Buildings and objects classified as national monuments or listed on supplementary inventory".
Macedonia (Republic of)Edit
- Department of Archaeology and Museums (Ministry of Heritage and National Integration (Pakistan))
- National Archives of Pakistan
- Directorate of Archaeology & Museums, Sindh
- Sindh Building Control Authority
- Directorate General of Archaeology, Punjab
- Directorate of Archaeology & Museums, of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Directorate General of Archaeology, Balochistan
- List of cultural heritage sites in Pakistan
Poland: A list of objects of cultural heritage in Poland (zabytki) is maintained by the Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa. It is primarily composed of objects in the register of objects of cultural heritage (rejestr zabytków), objects with the status of Historical Monument (pomnik historii), objects classified as a cultural park (park kulturowy).
- Romania National Register of Historic Monuments in Romania – The list, created in 2004–2005, contains historical monuments entered in the National Cultural Heritage of Romania. It is maintained by the Romanian National Institute of Historical Monuments, part of the Ministry of Culture and National Patrimony in Romania.
Senegal: Sites et Monuments historiques; (in French) Liste des monuments et sites historiques au Sénégal
The register is divided into twelve categories:
- Switzerland Swiss Inventory of Cultural Property (German: Schweizerisches Inventar der Kulturgüter, French: Inventaire suisse des biens culturels). National register of some 8,300 objects of international, national, regional and local significance. Managed by the Federal Office for Civil Protection (see its website).
- There are also cantonal registers of cultural heritage sites.
- See also Category:Heritage registers in Switzerland.
Heritage, culture, planning and conservation are devolved issues in the United Kingdom, and are dealt with by the governments of the constituent countries. England, which does not have its own devolved government, is covered by an agency of the United Kingdom government. See also Historic Environment Record (HERs) and Sites and Monuments Record (SMRs) maintained usually at a local government level (Archaeological Trusts in Wales).
- The Schedule of Ancient Monuments (follows on pre-devolution 1979 Act of Parliament)
- England: English Heritage, an executive agency of the Department for Culture, Media & Sport
- The National Heritage List for England (launched May 2011). Contains list of all scheduled monuments, listed buildings, registered parks and gardens, historic wrecks and registered historic battlefields in England
- English Heritage Archive: formerly the National Monuments Record (England)
- Register of Parks and Gardens
- Registered Battlefields (UK)
- Protection of Wrecks Act 1973
- Heritage at Risk
- Northern Ireland: Northern Ireland Environment Agency, an executive agency within the Department of the Environment
- Historic Environment Scotland, an executive agency of the Scottish Executive Education Department
- Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS) – executive non-departmental public body
- Cadw, an agency of the Welsh Assembly Government
- Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales, a Welsh Government sponsored body
- National Monuments Record of Wales (NMRW)
- Coflein: the online database for the NMRW
Some states maintain their own state-level historic registers, although in some U.S. states all properties on the state register duplicate the National Register listing.
The National Register listing in itself confers no protection to a historic property but may qualify the site for matching grants for historic restoration.
Local historic designations in many municipalities provide some limited protection against demolition of historic landmarks.
- United States National Monuments are a separate register from the National Register of Historic Places
- National Historic Landmarks
- National Natural Landmarks
State-level and local-levelEdit
- Georgia (U.S. state)
- New York
- Commission to preserve national monuments Commission to preserve national monuments of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Retrieved on 2012-03-27. (in Bosnian) & (in English).
- List of National Historic Heritage of Brazil National Institute of Historic and Artistic Heritage. Retrieved on 2012-03-27. (in Portuguese).
- "Yangon Heritage List". The Myanmar Times. 2001-10-29. Archived from the original on 2009-06-15.
- "HistoricPlaces.ca - Recherche". www.historicplaces.ca. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- Alberta, Government of. "Header and Footer". culture.alberta.ca. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- Alberta, Government of (28 December 2006). "Alberta Queen's Printer:". www.qp.gov.ab.ca. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Alberta Culture and Community Spirit – Historic Resources Management – Historic Places Stewardship Section – Alberta's Historic Places Designation Program – Municipal Historic Resource Designation". Archived from the original on 5 December 2010. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "The Alberta Main Street Program". Archived from the original on 23 June 2011. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Alberta Culture and Community Spirit – Historic Resources Management – Historic Places Stewardship Section – Heritage Survey Program". Archived from the original on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- Canada, Government of New Brunswick,. "Historic Places - Tourism, Heritage and Culture". www.historicplaces.gnb.ca. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Répertoire du patrimoine culturel du Québec". Patrimoine-culturel.gouv.qc.ca. 2013-05-09. Retrieved 2014-03-28.
- "City of Edmonton". Archived from the original on 10 November 2006. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "CMN. Consejo de Monumentos Nacionales. Gobierno de Chile". www.monumentos.cl. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "优优国际网站_99uu优优国际_澳门优优赌场_www.优优99uu.com". www.hangzhoumemory.org. Archived from the original on 26 June 2017. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Portal del Consejo Nacional de Patrimonio Cultural". www.cnpc.cult.cu. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "MonumNet". Národní památkový ústav (National Heritage Institute). Retrieved 5 May 2012.
- "Register". Heritage Agency of Denmark. Retrieved 5 May 2012.
- National registry of Cultural Monuments Muinsuskaitseamet
- Andrea Vianello. "Website Review: National Register of Cultural Monuments (of Estonia)". CSA Newsletter (Vol. XXVII, No. 1 — April, 2014). Retrieved 3 March 2015.
- "La base Mérimée sur le patrimoine architectural français". www.culture.gouv.fr. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Startseite". denkmalliste.org. Retrieved 2014-03-28.
- "BlfD". Archived from the original on 18 May 2007. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "National Monuments Acts, 1930–2004". Retrieved 19 December 2009.
- "National Monuments > Search By County". National Monuments Service. Archived from the original on 20 February 2010. Retrieved 19 December 2009.
- "Architectural Heritage (National Inventory) and Historic Monuments (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 1999". Retrieved 19 December 2009.
- "Buildings: County Survey Index". National Inventory of Architectural Heritage. Retrieved 19 December 2009.
- "Planning and Development Act, 2000". Irish Statute Book. Ireland: Office of the Attorney General. Retrieved 19 December 2009.
- "Protected structures". Building or altering a home. Ireland: Citizens Information Board. 29 August 2008. Retrieved 19 December 2009.
- "Project methodology". Database of Historic Gardens and Designed Landscapes. National Inventory of Architectural Heritage. Archived from the original on 13 March 2010. Retrieved 19 December 2009.
- "Gardens: Search by County". Database of Historic Gardens and Designed Landscapes. National Inventory of Architectural Heritage. Retrieved 19 December 2009.
- "Catalogo Generale dei Beni Culturali". catalogo.beniculturali.it (in Italian). Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- "WebGIS". patrimonioculturale-er.it (in Italian). Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- "Il WebGIS". emiliaromagna.beniculturali.it (in Italian). Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- "SIRBeC". lombardiabeniculturali.it (in Italian). Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- "Jamaica National Heritage Trust". www.jnht.com. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Jamaica National Heritage Trust – List of Declared Sites & Monuments". 2005. Retrieved 2009-09-04.
- Sagona, Claudia (2015). The Archaeology of Malta. Cambridge University Press. p. 307. ISBN 9781107006690.
- "Homepage". National Heritage Council of Namibia. Retrieved 5 May 2012.
- Monument database of the Monumentenregister
- "Heritage New Zealand". www.historic.org.nz. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Patrimonio Cultural". Secretaría Nacional de Cultura. Retrieved 8 May 2012.
- Ustawa z dnia 23 lipca 2003 r. o ochronie zabytków i opiece nad zabytkami, Dz. U. z 2003 r. Nr 162, poz. 1568
- "Portant publication de la liste des Sites et Monuments historiques classés". Ministry of Culture. Archived from the original on 8 December 2008. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "Cultural Policy in Sierra Leone" (PDF). UNESCO. Retrieved 5 May 2012.
- "Cultural Resources: National Monuments". Swaziland National Trust Commission. Retrieved 5 May 2012.
- "The National Heritage List for England". English Heritage. Retrieved 2014-03-28.
- "- English Heritage". www.english-heritage.org.uk. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- National Register of Historic Places, National Park Service
- National Historic Landmarks Program (NHL) Homepage
- "NPS: Nature & Science » National Natural Landmarks". Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- California, California State Parks, State of. "HTTP404". CA State Parks. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- California, California State Parks, State of. "California Register of Historical Resources". CA State Parks. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- California, California State Parks, State of. "California Points of Historical Interest". CA State Parks. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Washington State DAHP". Archived from the original on 22 February 2007. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Centro de Documentación". Instituto de Patrimonio Cultural. Retrieved 7 May 2012.