National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010
The National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010 (H.R. 2647, Pub.L. 111–84, 123 Stat. 2190.) is a law in the United States signed by President Barack Obama on October 28, 2009. As a bill it was H.R. 2647 in the 111th Congress. The overall purpose of the law is to authorize funding for the defense of the United States and its interests abroad, for military construction, and for national security-related energy programs.
|Wikisource has original text related to this article:|
3.4% basic military pay raise
- Subtitle D, Sections 132 & 133 repealed the FY 2009 F-22 Raptor fighter aircraft funding and re-directed it to preserving the maintenance and tooling of the existing program.
- Subtitle H - Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment Act
- Subtitle B - Success in Countering Al Qaeda Reporting Requirements Act of 2009
- Subtitle D - Victims of Iranian Censorship Act (or the VOICE Act)
- Authorizes the Secretary of State to continue efforts in support of Iranian dissidents
- Non-Foreign Area Retirement Equity Assurance Act of 2009
- Military Construction Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010
- National Defense Authorization Act
- Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2010
- American Communities' Right to Public Information Act
- OPEN FOIA Act of 2009
- Protected National Security Documents Act of 2009