National Autonomous University of Nicaragua
The National Autonomous University of Nicaragua (Spanish: Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Nicaragua, UNAN) is the main state-funded public university of Nicaragua.
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Nicaragua
|Motto||A la libertad por la universidad|
2018–2020 Nicaraguan protestsEdit
UNAN was the site violent clashes during the 2018–2020 Nicaraguan protests. Protesters fortified the UNAN campus, but were forced to retreat when the university was attacked by paramilitaries aligned with the government.
The university is divided into five faculties:
- School of Medical Science
- Faculty of Education and Humanities
- Faculty of Economic Science
- POLISAL (Health Polytechnic)
- Faculty of science and engineering
- Partlow, Joshua (14 July 2018). "'They are shooting at a church': Inside the 15-hour siege by Nicaraguan paramilitaries on university students". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on 15 July 2018.
- UNAN Website (in Spanish)
|This Nicaraguan university, college, or tertiary institution related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|