Nathan Ballingrud (born December 31, 1970) is an American writer of horror and dark fantasy fiction. His novella, The Visible Filth, was adapted into a feature film titled Wounds by Babak Anvari. The film is distributed by Annapurna Pictures, premiering on the Sundance Film Festival on January 26, 2019.
|Born||December 31, 1970|
|Alma mater||University of North Carolina, University of New Orleans|
|Notable works||North-American Lake Monsters|
Ballingrud's stories have received critical acclaim and were nominated for multiple awards.
- In 2013, North-American Lake Monsters won the Shirley Jackson Award for Best Single-Author Short Story Collection
- In 2013, North-American Lake Monsters was nominated for the Bram Stoker Award for Superior Achievement in a Fiction Collection
- In 2014, North-American Lake Monsters was shortlisted for the World Fantasy Award for Best Collection
- In 2014, North-American Lake Monsters was shortlisted for the British Fantasy Award for best Collection
- North-American Lake Monsters (2013)
- The Visible Filth (2015)
- The Atlas of Hell (2019)
- "Interview with Nathan Ballingrud | Weird Fiction Review". Weird Fiction Review. 2013-10-22. Retrieved 2018-04-24.
- N'Duka, Amanda (2018-04-19). "Brad William Henke, Karl Glusman Cast In Babak Anvari's Untitled Drama For Annapurna". Deadline. Retrieved 2018-04-24.
- "wounds". www.sundance.org. Retrieved 2019-01-16.
- "The Shirley Jackson Awards » 2007 Shirley Jackson Awards Winners". www.shirleyjacksonawards.org. Retrieved 2018-04-24.
- "The Shirley Jackson Awards » 2013 Shirley Jackson Awards Winners". www.shirleyjacksonawards.org. Retrieved 2018-04-24.
- "The 2013 Bram Stoker Awards® Final Ballot - Horror Writers Association BlogHorror Writers Association Blog". horror.org. Retrieved 2018-04-24.
- "2014 World Fantasy Awards℠ | World Fantasy Convention". www.worldfantasy.org. Retrieved 2018-04-24.
- "BRITISH FANTASY AWARDS - THE NOMINEES". Pan Macmillan. Retrieved 2018-04-24.