Nate Bloom is an American columnist and genealogist who focuses on Jewish genealogy.
Bloom writes a syndicated column on Jewish celebrities that appears in Jewish-oriented newspapers including American Israelite, Cleveland Jewish News, Detroit Jewish News, New Jersey Jewish Standard, Tampa Jewish Federation News, 18Doors (formerly InterfaithFamily), J. The Jewish News of Northern California, JWeekly, and Jewish World Review. He lives in Oakland, California. He is often cited by major publications and books for his research on Jewish celebrities and public figures. In Bloom's columns, he researches whether a celebrity is of full or partial Jewish descent, if they were raised in Judaism or another faith, what faith the practice as an adult, and whether they are converts; those deemed Jewish are indicated in the column by bold type.
- Sorry, Charlie: We have more than enough meshuganas By Nate Bloom Jewish World Review March 16, 2011
- New Jersey Jewish Standard: "Writer: Nate Bloom" retrieved December 23, 2017
- Kampeas, Ron (January 14, 2011). "Nate Bloom buries "Loughner is Jewish"". Jewish Telegraph Agency.
- Farhi, Paul (November 29, 2002). "From 'Hanukah' To Eternity". Washington Post. Retrieved January 5, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Gabrielle Union happy to be settled". East Bay Times. June 13, 2005. Retrieved January 5, 2018.
Nate Bloom and I have been exchanging e-mails about the portrayal of Max Baer Sr. in “Cinderella Man.”CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Topping, Seymour. "Biography of Joseph Pulitzer". Pulitzer.org. Retrieved January 5, 2018.
We thank journalist Nate Bloom for his diligent efforts in bringing this matter to our attentionCS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Lewis, Randy (December 24, 2009). "Bob Dylan joins long list of Jewish musicians performing Christmas music". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 5, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Kampeas, Ron (February 10, 2012). "Political Points — GOP outreach edition". The Jewish Telegraphic Agency.
Nate Bloom, the tireless Jewish genealogist
- Ghert-Zand, Renee (March 19, 2012). "Zach Braff and Mitt Romney: Cousins?". Jewish Daily Forward.
- Gertel, Elliot B. (December 23, 2018). "Dreaming of a Jewish Christmas". American Thinker.
A simple internet search will yield articles on the subject, including an excellent 2014 piece by Nate Bloom showing that Jewish song-writers did not start the genre, but wrote about half of all leading pop Christmas tunes.
- "Jewish Interest - Stars of David" (PDF). L'Chayim - Jewish Federation of Lee and Charlotte Counties. February 2019.