The Nashville Dream was a women's professional American football team based in Nashville, Tennessee. They were one of the founding teams of the National Women's Football Association. The team was active from 2000 to 2007 and last played at the Glencliff High School football field.
|League||National Women's Football Association|
|Team history||NWFA (2000–2007)|
|Based in||Nashville, Tennessee|
|Colors||Blue, red, silver|
|Head coach||Ben Eakin|
The Nashville Dream was established by Catherine Masters in 2000 as one of the two founding teams of the National Women's Football Association. The first season consisted of six exhibition games between the Nashville Dream and the Alabama Renegades, with each team winning three games. Masters sold the team in 2001 to team quarterback Christie Trost. After a disappointing 2001 season, the team qualified for the league playoffs every year until 2006, although they never made it to a championship game. Despite their successful record, the franchise was plagued by low attendance and financial insolvency. In December 2005, Head Coach Ben Eakin bought the team from Trost and attempted to resuscitate attendance levels by lowering ticket prices and increasing marketing efforts. The franchise folded two years later.
|2007||Southern - Central||2–6–0||Did not qualify|
|2006||South Central||0–8–0||Did not qualify|
|2001||Southern||2–7–0||Did not qualify|
- ^ a b c Lawley, Erin (March 17, 2006). "Nashville Dream owner tries to awaken interest in team". Nashville Business Journal. Retrieved 2008-07-17.
- ^ Johnson, Hillary (October 22, 2000). "Just Give Us The Damn Ball". The New York Times. Retrieved November 28, 2015.
- ^ "Nashville Dream women's football team seeks new owner". Out & About. Nashville. 4 (8). August 2005.
- ^ Cirillo, Chip (April 11, 2003). "Growth of NFWA a Dream for Nashville". The Tennessean.
- ^ Climer, David (May 30, 2004). "A Dream job can be yours". The Tennessean.
- ^ "Nashville Dream acquires new owner". Out & About. Nashville. 5 (1): 25. January 2006.
- ^ NWFA 2007 Season Standings & Statistics (archived)
- ^ NWFA 2006 Season Standings & Statistics (archived)
- ^ NWFA 2005 Season Standings & Statistics (archived)
- ^ a b c d NWFA Regular Season Statistics (archived)
- ^ a b c National Women's Football Association: Nashville Dream (archived)